Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination Requirement
Per new State legislation beginning January 1, 2012, all entering Texas college students must receive a vaccination or booster (if the vaccination is five years old) against bacterial meningitis before enrollment.
The vaccine or booster is required for entering students at Texas public and private colleges, living both on and off campus.
- An entering student is a new student or a student who has had a break of enrollment for one or more fall or spring semesters. Summer semester is not included as a break in enrollment.
- Please Note: If you apply for another program while attending UT Dallas and you remain enrolled without a break, you are exempt from the vaccination.
- Transfer students are considered entering students. Transfer students may request an official memo stating proof of vaccination (within the last five years) from their previous institution and submit with the vaccination requirement form.
- Students who are enrolled ONLY in online courses are exempt if they supply an online exemption form.
- Entering students 30 years of age or older by the first day of class for the semester are exempt.
The student, or parent or guardian of the student, must provide a meningococcal meningitis vaccine requirement form with an official immunization record or other required documentation listed on the form showing the student has received the bacterial meningitis vaccination or booster during the five-year period prior to enrollment, and not less than 10 days before the first day of classes.
Complete the form and supply the necessary documents to the Office of Enrollment Services in the Student Services Building no later than 10 working days before the first day of classes. Entering students will be unable to register until the paperwork is received and reviewed. This includes registration at orientation.
The fall 2013 vaccination deadline is August 16, 2013.
The spring 2014 vaccination deadline is January 3, 2014.
The summer 2013 vaccination deadline WAS May 20, 2013.
Students can mail or fax the paperwork.
The University of Texas at Dallas
The Office of the Registrar, SSB13
800 West Campbell Rd
Richardson, TX 75080-3021
Any Healthcare Provider, Clinic or Pharmacy
Use Galaxy to register for classes.
Office Hours & Location
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday: Closed
Located on the first floor of the new Student Services building.
Find it fast with our Course Lookup. Search for courses based on course number, title, instructor, time, and more.