Vice President for Student Affairs/Business Operations
- Thank you to all staff who participated in and assisted with Welcome Week.
- You're encouraged to attend the 2015 State of the University address. President ad interim Hobson Wildenthal will present at 1:30 p.m. Wednesday, Sept. 16, in the Edith O'Donnell Arts and Technology Building Lecture Hall.
- Nov. 5: Student Affairs Division all-staff meeting, 10:30 a.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- Sept. 15: Men's soccer vs. Austin College, 7 p.m.
- Sept. 16-18: Fall Career Expo Days. To download the Career Expo app, search for "UT Dallas Career Fair Plus" on the App Store or Google Play Store to find company listings, an interactive floor plan and more.
- On-campus interviews this week: American Airlines, Ethos Group, Freescale Semiconductor, Honda, Tektronix, USAA, Texas Instruments, Skyworks Solutions. To learn more, visit the CometCareers website.
- Information sessions this week: Milliman, Argo Data, USAA, Honda, Gallup. To learn more, visit the CometCareers website.
- Sept. 9-10: Body Project table, 12-2 p.m., Student Union (lower level).
- Sept. 17 (tentative): RAINN Day table, 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Student Union.
- Clinical services by session: intakes, consultation and counseling (130); crisis intervention (11); psychiatric evaluation and treatment (24); couple and group counseling (8).
- Center for Students in Recovery services/meetings: 12A-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1).
Dean of Students
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- More than 600 students attended "Meet the Greeks" on Sept. 2.
- 47 men are currently registered for Interfraternity Council recruitment (Sept. 14-26).
- Search for a new administrative assistant is ongoing.
- Sept. 14: IFC Meet & Greet, 6-8 p.m., Plinth.
- Sept. 16: NPHC 101, 7 p.m., Residence Hall South.
Office of Community Standards and Conduct
- Office visits for the week of Sept. 7: academic referrals (2); misconduct-drug (1), failure to comply (1); other referrals (8).
- Sept. 19-20: Power Dancer tryouts.
- Student Government is filling open senate seats. Please direct interested students to the SG office or website.
- The center has diagnosed its first case of the flu, and it appears flu season may start early this year. The center will begin marketing about flu vaccine clinic(s) as soon as the vaccine is made available.
- Sept. 23: Free dental screening clinic with Canyon Creek Family Dentistry, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A. First-come, first-served, with limited appointments. Call the center at 972-883-2740 for a time.
- Sept. 19-Nov. 25: "Autumn at the Arboretum." Tickets available at the Comet Center.
- Maintenance staff responded to more than 1,500 work orders in the month of August.
- 1,550 packages received and delivered to residents by desk staff in August.
- Currently searching for a housing operations coordinator.
Living Learning Communities
- Beginning fall 2015, LLC will offer a new community for undeclared students called "Exploration." Dr. Andy Blanchard will serve as primary faculty contact and Eric Welgehausen will serve as primary staff contact.
- Sept. 17: Cost Is Correct, 9 p.m., Residence Hall North.
- Marissa Twine, assistant director of residential life, is leaving the University on Sept. 16. A search is underway for her replacement.
- Still conducting searches for residential life coordinator and housing placement coordinator positions.
- Restroom renovations begin later this semester, starting with the lower level facilities near the Student Media offices.
- Student Union food court hours and options are available online.
- Currently searching for an administrative assistant I.
- Education Abroad now offers walk-in advising, 1-4 p.m., every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
- Sept. 18: iFriend Program and Matching Mixer with the Office of Student Volunteerism, 3-5 p.m., SU 2.602. Click here for more information and to register.
- Sept. 26: Texas Party, 7-10 p.m., Student Union.
New Student Programs
Office of Student Volunteerism
Student Transition Programs
- Sept. 17: Transfer Thirsty Thursday, 5-7 p.m., The Pub.
- Spring 2016 mandatory transfer orientation: Oct. 30, Nov. 23, Dec. 5, and Dec. 16. Locations will vary.
Veteran Services Center
- Nov. 23: Green Zone Training for faculty and staff. See registration form for times and locations.
- 2,485 new students under the age of 21 have completed the AlcoholEdu program.
- 4,652 new students have completed the Haven sexual assault prevention course.
- Sept. 22 and 29: Information sessions for The Body Project, a student campaign to improve body image and the negative culture surrounding the concept, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Residence Hall North Multipurpose Room. Sign up here.