- 41 student-athletes from among five fall sports at UT Dallas were named to the American Southwest Conference All-Academic Teams.
- Feb. 1: Basketball vs. Ozarks, 5:30/7:30 p.m. Breast Cancer Awareness Night: first 200 fans in attendance receive a free T-shirt.
- Feb. 6: Softball home opener vs. Pacific Lutheran, 2 p.m. (doubleheader).
Dean of Students - Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Jan. 19: IFC recruitment informational event, 7-9 p.m., Galaxy Rooms B&C.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Jan. 4: Intakes, consultation and counseling (6), crisis services (3), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (7), outreach (3).
- Center for Students in Recovery meetings/services for the week of Jan. 4: Individual recovery support (4), other contacts (24), 12 step-all addictions (1), meditation group (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), COR/group (1).
- Feb 3: Free dental screening clinic for currently enrolled students, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A. Limited slots available. Contact the Student Health Center to schedule an appointment.
- Now-Jan. 22: Swim lessons, Session I. Register online.
- Jan. 21: Group exercise classes begin. Recreational Sports membership and group fitness pass required. Check the website for details.
- Enroll in the Primary Group Fitness Certification Prep course, provided by the American Council of Exercise. The class meets twice a week through Feb. 8, (Mondays 5-7 p.m., Saturdays 2:30-4:30 p.m.). Registration is $50, at the AC Control Desk. For more information, contact Frankie Branham.
- Jan. 20: Resolution Revolution/Fitness Demo Blast, for students, faculty and staff, 5 p.m., Activity Center Auxiliary Gym. No membership or group exercise pass required.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Jan. 4: Academic dishonesty (12).
- Mar. 29: Webinar-Advanced Coaching of Student Leaders: Guiding Them to Their Fullest Potential, 1-2:30 p.m. RSVP online.
- There are several upcoming Student Leadership information sessions. Please direct students to the website for details.
- Searching for staff/faculty to volunteer as responsible university officials (RUOs) for Alternative Spring Break. Contact Monalisa Amidar for details and application.
- A can opener drive is ongoing through January and benefits students who use the Comet Cupboard. Donate new or gently used non-electric can openers in the OSV office (SSB 3.600), the Administration Building near the second floor elevator, the RHS lobby, and the first floor/ lobby entrance of the SU. For more information contact Mackenzie Hunter.
- Jan. 21: Foster Kids Charity Snack Kits, 12:30-2:30 p.m., SU 2.602. Help assemble snack kits and decorate activity books for children in the foster care system. Open to students and staff. Register now.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
- Jan. 20: Welcome Wednesday, 5 p.m., SU 2.602. Spring 2016 transfer students who did not attend an orientation can learn more about UT Dallas resources and services. RSVP required.
- Searching for an undergraduate transfer student worker. Students may apply to CometCareers job posting #78185. Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
Veteran Services Center
- Two Warrior SMART sessions will be offered to staff/faculty/student veterans during the spring semester. Class size is limited and registration required. Contact the center for information.
Finance and Administrative Services
- Jan. 22: Meetings of the Student Fee Advisory Committee begin to consider budget requests for FY 2016-17.
- Required annual compliance training will begin in February. Watch your email for more information.
- The annual performance appraisal process will begin soon. Final appraisals are due to Human Resources by April 7. Managers will let staff know what they need from them and when. To prepare yourself for the process, we recommend that you work through the Sample Employee Self-Evaluation Tool found on the HR website.
- Discount tickets are available for Dallas Sidekicks soccer home games on Jan. 30 vs. Sonora and Feb. 25 vs. Milwaukee Wave. Visit the Comet Center in SU 2.204 to purchase.
- Add UTDollars to your Comet Card via the GET portal and save 10 percent at all campus dining locations when paying with your card.
- 47 students are studying abroad for spring semester, up nine from last year.
- Intercultural Programs and the Office of Student Volunteerism are seeking American students to join iFriend, a cultural exchange program in which an international student is matched with an American student. Registration is online.
Leadership, Risk/Safety, Partnerships
- Now hiring a director of global engagement (new position).