Vice President for Student Affairs
- Feb. 1: Annual compliance training begins, and must be completed by Feb. 29. Please refer to your UT Dallas email for details and access your required courses via eLearning.
- Feb. 1: Basketball vs. Ozarks, 5:30/7:30 p.m. Breast Cancer Awareness Night. The first 200 fans in attendance receive a free T-shirt. The volleyball team will be recognized during halftime at the men's game for their achievements during the 2015 season.
- Feb. 6: Basketball vs. Belhaven, 1/3 p.m. Military Appreciation Day. Special recognition for any current or retired military member. Senior Jasmine Lopez will swear into the U.S. Army before the women's game. Staff and faculty are invited to bring their families for a free lunch. RSVP with your name and the number of people in your group to [email protected] by Feb. 2.
- Feb. 6: Softball home opener vs. Pacific Lutheran, 2 p.m. Catch first-year head coach Rich Wieligman and the Comets as they host the Lutes in a non-conference doubleheader at the softball field.
- Feb. 12: Baseball season opener vs. Chapman University, 2:30 p.m., the Ballpark in Grand Prairie. The Comets will play three games at this venue over the weekend, facing California Lutheran University on Feb. 13 (2:30 p.m.) and Hendrix College on Feb. 14 (4 p.m.).
- Feb. 13: Tennis spring season opener vs. Southwestern, 4 p.m. Comet women picked to finish second in the ASC's West Division in 2016, while the men are picked to finish third.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Jan. 18: Intakes, consultation and counseling (115), crisis services (7), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (26), couple and group counseling (6), group screening (6).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Jan. 18: Individual recovery support (3), other contacts (30). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), meditation group (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1).
- Feb. 6: Free dental screenings for currrently enrolled students, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
- Feb. 6: Registration opens for session I of the lifeguard certification class.
- Log rolling is now available at the natatorium on Mondays, 2:30-3:30 p.m., and Wednesdays, 7:30-8:30 p.m.
- Feb. 2: Resolution Revolution boot camp and smoothie session, 4 p.m., Recreation Center West (rain location, RCW main gym). Available to faculty, staff and students.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Office of Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Jan. 18: academic dishonesty (2), drugs (1), alcohol (1).
- Feb 4: Student Leadership Program Engaged Block, 4-8 p.m., Student Union Phoenix Room.
- Feb 7: Student Leadership Program Exploratory Block, 4-8 p.m., Athletics Conference Room.
- March 23-25: Student Government elections.
- April 7: Annual student memorial event. Time and location TBA.
- Feb 1: Informational booth, 11a.m.-2 p.m., Omega Delta Phi Volunteer Fair.
- Feb 1-15: February is National Heart Month. Donate magazines and calendars to be up-cycled into beads and donated to the Beads of Courage program. Collection bins in the OSV office (SSB 3.600), the Administration Building near the second floor elevator, the RHSW lobby, and the first floor/ lobby entrance of the SU. For more information contact Mackenzie Hunter.
- Searching for staff/faculty to volunteer as responsible university officials for the following Alternative Spring Break teams: animal services, environmental conservation, global poverty, and healthcare. Contact Monalisa Amidar for details.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
- The UT Dallas Class of 2020 Facebook group is live.
- Feb. 3: Road Warriors game night, 4 p.m., SU Galaxy Room A.
Student Transition Programs
- Jan. 28: Transfer Thirsty Thursday, 5-7 p.m., The Pub.
- Search for an undergraduate transfer student worker is ongoing. Students may apply to CometCareers job posting #78185.
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
Veteran Services Center
- Two Warrior SMART sessions will be offered to staff/faculty/student veterans during the spring semester. Class size is limited and registration required. Contact the center for information.
- Registration for the Feb. 16 VETiquette dinner is open. A limited number of tickets are available for student veterans. Contact the center for information.
- Apr. 8: Green Zone training for faculty and staff, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. (note new date/time), limited spots available. See registration form for details.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Current occupancy numbers: University Village Apartments, 98 percent, University Commons Residence Halls, 95 percent.
- Feb 4-12: Housing sign-up availble through the MyHousing portal. (Please note new dates.)
- Residential Life is conducting first-round interviews for PA selection, with 189 applicants for 43 available positions in fall 2016. Interviews conclude Feb. 5.
- Interviewing for an assistant director-University Commons. A search is underway for an assistant director of community development.
- Ongoing search for Residential Life coordinator-RHSW.
- LLC has posted a position for a new Living Learning Community coordinator.
- Feb. 1: Alissa Qualheim joins the education abroad team.
- International student orientation dates and registration links can be found on the Intercultural Programs webpage. Beginning in fall 2016, international student orientation will be a two-day program with a focus on integrating services such as airport pick-ups, TB clinics, off-campus resources and processing of immigration and hiring paperwork.
International Student Services
- Compared to the same reporting period for fall 2015, the number of fall 2016 international student applications has increased by 4.3 percent, international admits have increased by 42.9 percent, and I-20 issuances have increased by 6.1 percent.
Marketing and Student Media
- UTD TV released its first newscast of the semester on Jan. 22.
- Feb. 2: New issue of AMP on newsstands.
Diversity and Community Engagement
- Feb. 1: Black History Month kick off. Visit the website for details about all Black History Month events and activities.
- Feb 4: Lunar New Year Celebration, 7 p.m., Visitor Center Atrium.
- Feb. 12: Cross-cultural communication diversity workshop with Dr. Melissa Hernandez-Katz, 12-1:30 p.m., SU Galaxy Rooms.
- Junior Cornel Walton placed first in the oratorical contest portion of the Southwestern Black Student Leadership Conference at Texas A&M.