- As part of the University's reaffirmation by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges, UT Dallas is required to develop a five-year Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP) that will improve student learning or the environment that supports student learning on our campus. Please visit the website to learn more and to share your ideas for a new QEP.
- Feb. 9: Men's Basketball vs. Hardin-Simmons, 7 p.m. Representatives from Comet Voice will be on hand to pass out information to students. In addition, the men's soccer team will be recognized during halftime for its achievements during the 2015 season.
- Feb. 11: Basketball vs. Louisiana College, 5:30/7:30 p.m. International Student/Commuter Night. In addition, the men's and women's cross country teams will be recognized during halftime at the men's game for their achievements during the 2015 season.
- Feb. 13: Basketball vs. East Texas Baptist, 1/3 p.m. Senior Day.
- Feb. 12: Baseball season opener vs. Chapman University, 2:30 p.m., the Ballpark in Grand Prairie. The Comets will play three games at this venue over the weekend, facing California Lutheran University on Feb. 13 (2:30 p.m.) and Hendrix College on Feb. 14 (4 p.m.).
- Feb. 12-13: Softball vs. Sul Ross State. Friday doubleheader at 2 p.m., Saturday doubleheader at 12 p.m., both at the softball field.
- Feb. 13: Tennis spring season opener vs. Southwestern, 4 p.m.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Jan. 25: Intakes, consultation and counseling (186), crisis services (9), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (46), couple and group counseling (20), testing (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Jan. 25: Individual recovery support (3), other contacts (36). Group meetings: 12step-all addictions (1), Meditation Group (2), COR/Group (1), SMART (1).
- Feb. 10: Join Recreational Sports to help kick-off the American Heart Association Heart Walk, 10 a.m., Activity Center.
- Feb. 8-12: Sexual Responsibility Week.
- Feb. 9: Love Line, 8 p.m., Galaxy Room B.
- Feb. 10: Free HIV testing, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., SSB 4.5.
- Feb. 11: Dessert Date Night, 8 p.m., RHW lobby.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Jan. 25: Academic (1), alcohol (1), drugs (2).
- Feb. 1-15: February is National Heart Month. Donate magazines and calendars to be up-cycled into beads and donated to the Beads of Courage program. Collection bins in the OSV office (SSB 3.600), the Administration Building near the second floor elevator, the RHSW lobby, and the first floor/ lobby entrance of the SU. For more information contact Mackenzie Hunter.
- Feb. 17: Operation Upcycle: Beads of Courage, 2-4 p.m., SU Galaxy Room.
- Searching for staff/faculty to volunteer as responsible university officials for the following Alternative Spring Break teams: animal services, environmental conservation, global poverty, and healthcare. Contact Monalisa Amidar for details.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- Shelly Cowen has accepted the administrative assistant II position and will join the office March 7.
- The UT Dallas Class of 2020 Facebook group is live.
- Ste've'sha Evans has accepted a new position. Her last day is Feb. 12, and a search for her replacement is underway.
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
- Search is ongoing for an undergraduate transfer student worker. Students may apply to CometCareers job posting #78185.
Veteran Services Center
- Registration for the Feb. 16 VETiquette Dinner is now open. A limited number of tickets are available for student veterans. Contact the center for information.
- April 8: Green Zone training for faculty and staff, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., limited spots available. See registration form for details.
Finance and Administrative Services
- The Bursar is sponsoring the Volunteer Income Tax Assistance program on campus through April 15. JSOM students have been trained and certified by the IRS to prepare income tax forms for students and/or staff whose gross income is $54,000 or less. Visit the website for more information or to schedule your appointment.
- The Office of Information Technology (formerly IR) recently announced that every student, faculty and staff now has their own WebEx account. See the website for details.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Feb. 12: Housing sign-up ends. Direct students to the MyHousing portal for details.
- Kaytie Farrell has been named assistant director for University Commons.
- Feb. 18: Black Tie Casino and Bingo Night hosted by Residential Life and NRHH/RHA, 8 p.m., RHSW multipurpose room.
- Aug. 17-20: Residential move-in for fall 2016.
- LLC February events are online. Events are open to all freshmen students unless otherwise noted.
- Search for an LLC coordinator is ongoing.
- Feb. 12: Program Leader Forum for leaders, organizers and others who oversee international study programs. Contact Lisabeth Lassiter if you are interested in attending.
Marketing & Student Media
- Feb. 8: New issue of The Mercury on stands.
- Feb. 11: Radio UTD listening party for Kanye West's new "Waves" album, 9 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
Diversity and Community Engagement
Galerstein Women’s Center