- Feb. 25-27: Men's Basketball at ASC Tournament in Alpine, TX. With this tournament, the Comets are making their thirteenth consecutive trip to the postseason. UTD opens in the quarterfinals at 5 p.m. Thursday against Hardin-Simmons.
- Feb. 25-27: Women's Basketball at ASC Tournament in Tyler, TX. With this tournament, the Comets are making their tenth consecutive trip to the postseason. UTD opens in the quarterfinals at 2:30 p.m. Thursday against Howard Payne.
- Feb. 26-27: Softball vs. Belhaven. Comets host Belhaven in a three-game ASC series starting with a doubleheader at 2 p.m. Friday. The two teams will then play the series finale at 12 p.m. Saturday at the softball field.
- March 4-5: Baseball vs. Hardin-Simmons. Comets open ASC play with three-game weekend series with HSU. Two teams will play 2 p.m. single game Friday before 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the baseball field.
Dean of Students - Fraternity and Sorority Life
- March 6: FSL 101 for all fraternity and sorority new members, 3-5 p.m., Clark Center.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Counseling Center clinical services/sessions for the week of Feb. 8: intakes, consultation and counseling (170), crisis services (8), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (33), couple and group counseling (14), group screening (6), testing (7), outreach (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Feb. 8: individual recovery support (3), other contacts (25). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), meditation group (3), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), SMART (1).
- March 2: Dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room C. Contact the Student Health Center to schedule your appointment, 972-883-2747 (space is limited).
- Feb. 22: NIRSA (National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association) Sports and Fitness Day. Set a fitness challenge record (most sit-ups, pushups, burpees and longest plank), Activity Center fitness area. Enjoy any group exercise class for free all day (regular daily membership rates still apply).
- Feb. 22-26: Eating Disorder Awareness Week.
- Feb. 22 and 23: Eating disorder informational booth, 12-2 p.m., Student Union.
- Feb. 24: Eating disorder awareness and positive body image activity, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Chess Plaza.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Feb. 8: Academic dishonesty (1), alcohol (1), drugs (2), ID cards (2).
- Searching for staff/faculty to volunteer as responsible university officials for the following Alternative Spring Break teams: animal services, global poverty and healthcare. Contact Monalisa Amidar for details.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
- Feb. 23: Internship Information Session, 2 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Feb. 24: Insightful Tips on Answering Behavioral Interview Questions, 1 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Feb. 26: Getting Hired with the Federal Government, 1:30 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Feb. 29: Secrets of Working in Non-Profits, 5:30 p.m., GR 3.420.
- March 2: Public Agency Career Expo, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., VCB Atrium.
- Continuing search for a new student employment coordinator.
- Continuing search for two new career consultants.
New Student Programs
- Search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
- Search for an administrative assistant I is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
- Feb. 23: Comet Countdown to Commencement, 2-6 p.m., Visitor Center Atrium.
- Search for an undergraduate transfer student worker is ongoing. Students may apply to CometCareers job posting #78185.
- Feb. 29: JRYE: Comet Credit, 5-6 p.m., SU 2.602C.
- Summer/fall 2016 transfer orientation dates: March 14, April 26, May 2, May 17, June 3, June 7, June 20, Aug. 10, Aug. 16.
Search for an undergraduate transfer student worker is ongoing. Students may apply to CometCareers job posting #78185.
Veteran Services Center
- April 8: Green Zone training for faculty and staff, 9 a.m.-noon, limited spots available. See registration form for details.
Finance and Administrative Services
- Feb. 29: Mary Walters' retirement party, 2-4 p.m., Galaxy Rooms. Presentation will start at 2:30 p.m.
- Search for a new Student Union director is underway.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- LLC coordinator search is ongoing.
- Search is underway for an assistant director of residential life-community development.
- 80 applicants have moved forward to the second round/interview portion of PA selection.
- Feb 22: Educational Culture in China: A Workshop to Understand Your Chinese Students, noon, MC 2.410.
- Feb 22: Tex-Mex Revolution, 6-7 p.m., SSB 3.107.
Marketing & Student Media
- UTD TV released a new episode of Taste of Dallas on Feb. 12.
- Feb. 22: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.