- March 14: Softball vs. Mary Hardin-Baylor, 12 p.m. Due to rain last week, the Comets will wrap up their weekend series with UMHB with a Monday doubleheader at the softball field.
- March 14-15: Golf at LeTourneau (spring invitational). The Comets men and women return to action after a week off at a key spring tournament against several conference opponents. The two-day, 36-hole tournament will take place at Pinecrest Country Club in Longview.
- March 18-19: Baseball vs. Texas-Tyler. Comets host rival UT Tyler for a three-game ASC series. Two teams will play a 2 p.m. single game Friday before a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the baseball field.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Feb. 29: Intakes, consultation and counseling (193), crisis services (21), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (33), couple and group counseling (44), testing (2), Mind-Body Lab (6).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Feb. 29: Individual recovery support (3), other contacts (13). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), meditation group (2), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), COR/group (1), SMART (1).
- The Activity Center and Recreation Center West will have reduced hours during spring break.
- March 11-21: Due to scheduled maintenance, there will be no hot water or heat at the Activity Center.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Feb. 29: Academic dishonesty (10).
- March 25: Student Leadership Award nominations close.
- March 21-25: Springapalooza.
- March 23-24: SG elections.
- April 9: Leaders Meet (Student Leadership Program annual leadership conference). Registration opens March 16 on OrgSync. Email Beth Roller for information.
- April 25: Student Leadership Awards.
- March 1-31: Book drive. The OSV is collecting new and used books for all ages for the Friends of the Richardson Public Library. Donation bins are located in SSB 3.6, SU first floor entrance, RHSW lobby, Administration Building second floor elevator and McDermott Library lobby. Contact Mackenzie Hunter for details.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
- Renee Patchin will serve as interim director of the Career Center effective immediately. A search is underway for a new Career Center director.
- Danita Dudley has been promoted to student employment coordinator.
- The search for two career consultants is ongoing.
- The search for an administrative assistant I is ongoing.
- The search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
- Summer/fall 2016 transfer orientation is today.
- Search for an undergraduate transfer student worker is ongoing. Students may apply to CometCareers job posting #78741.
Veteran Services Center
- Warrior SMART classes for student, staff and faculty veterans will be held on three consecutive Tuesdays from 1-3:30 p.m., March 22, 29, April 5. Register or contact the Veteran Services Center for more information.
- April 8: Green Zone training for faculty and staff, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., limited spots available. See registration form for details.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- The search for an LLC coordinator is ongoing.
- March LLC events are online. Events are open to all freshmen students unless otherwise noted.