Vice President for Student Affairs
- Faculty, staff, students and alumni may now purchase UT Dallas license plates. A majority of the proceeds will go toward scholarships for our students.
- April 8-9: Baseball vs. Ozarks. The Comets host Ozarks for a three-game ASC series. Teams will play a 2 p.m. single game Friday before a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the baseball field. Saturday is Military Appreciation Day for the Comets, and all veterans, military service members and their families will receive free admission to the games.
- April 8: Tennis vs. McMurry, 2 p.m.
- April 9: Tennis vs. Hardin-Simmons, 10 a.m.
- April 15-16: Softball vs. Ozarks. Comets host Howard Payne for a three-game ASC series. Teams will play a 6 p.m. single game Friday before a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the softball field. Comet seniors will be recognized during Saturday's doubleheader.
- April 24: All-Sports Banquet, 1 p.m., Hyatt Regency in Richardson. For information, contact Valerie Hoops at extension 4497.
- May 20: Comet Club Golf Classic, 9 a.m., Firewheel Golf Park. We are looking for foursomes for the department's annual fundraising golf tournament. For information, contact Rob Bogardus at extension 6166.
Dean of Students - Fraternity and Sorority Life
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- April 6: Finding Balance, 1-4 p.m., Student Union (upper level).
- April 7: Finding Balance, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Student Union (outside).
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of March 21: Intakes, consultation and counseling (180), crisis services (16), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (36), couple and group counseling (61), mind-body lab (3), outreach (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of March 21: Individual recovery support (3), other contacts (36). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (2), meditation group (3), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), SMART(1).
- April 6: Dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., by appointment only, Galaxy Room C.
- April 4-5: STI Awareness Month activity, 12-2 p.m., Student Union (upper level).
- April 6: STI Awareness Month activity, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Student Union (upper level).
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of March 21: Academic (7), misconduct (2).
- April 6: UTD Cinematheque: Carol, 7:30 p.m., Jonsson Performance Hall.
- April 7: Comets Remember student memorial service, 11 a.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- April 7: SUAAB Comedy Showcase: Maggie Mae, 8 p.m., Clark Center.
- April 8: Meteor Theater: Mad Max Fury Road, 8 p.m., Lot T.
- April 9: Leaders Meet. Event is free and open to all students. Registration is required.
- April 11: Meteor Theater: The Hateful Eight, 7 p.m., Davidson Auditorium.
- April 14: Spotlight Music Series, 7 p.m., The Pub.
- April 22: Cosmic Film Festival, 5 p.m., Faculty/Staff Dining Hall.
- May 3: Late Night Final Exam Breakfast. Volunteers are needed. Registration is open.
- Save the dates: Welcome Week is set for Aug. 21-Sept. 2, and Homecoming is Nov. 16-19.
- April 9: Bonton Farms, 8 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Transportation provided.
- April 11-15: National Volunteer Week. On-campus volunteer events include HOSA Hats for Hope and Piggy Bank Painting.
- April 18-22: Earth Week events include Recycle Rama, Urban Tree Farm Cleanup, Earth Fair, E-Waste Roundup, Operation Upcycle: Seed Packets and Butterfly Flutterby. Some events require preregistration.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
- April 5: Lunch with a Pro-Opportunities in the Credit Union, 12 p.m., SSB 3.107 A.
- April 5: Creating a Cover Letter for Your Job Search, 2:30 p.m., SSB 3.107 A.
- April 6: Getting Hired with the Federal Government, 12:30 p.m., SSB 3.107 A.
- April 7: Making LinkedIn Work for Your Job Search, 2 p.m., SSB 3.107 A.
- April 8: Conducting an Effective Job Search, 1:30 p.m., SSB 3.107 A.
- Accepting applications for Career Peer Educators for summer/fall 2016.
- The search for a new Career Center director and two career consultants is ongoing.
- Linda Galloway accepted the administrative assistant II position. She joined the office April 1.
- The search for an administrative assistant I is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
Veteran Services Center
- April 6: Military Career Fair, 12-2 p.m., the Plinth. ROTC units and military recruiters will be on campus to inform students about military careers and educational opportunities.
- April 8: Green Zone training for faculty and staff, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. Limited spots available. See registration form for details.
- April 26: BBQ and career roundtable, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Student veterans and their spouses are invited to attend an end of semester lunch sponsored by State Farm, followed by an employer networking event. Registration is required.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- LLC April events are online. Events are open to all freshman students unless otherwise noted.
Marketing & Student Media
- April 4: New issue of AMP on newsstands.
Diversity and Community Engagement
Galerstein Women’s Center
- April 12: Tea Talk-Equal Pay Day, with special guest from the U.S. Department of Labor, Women's Bureau, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Women's Center.