- April 11-12: Men's Golf at ASC Championships. The Comets will compete for their second conference title in program history Monday and Tuesday at the ASC Championships, held at Comanche Trace Country Club in Kerrville.
- April 12: Baseball vs. University of Dallas, 3 p.m.
- April 15-16: Softball vs. Ozarks. Comets host Howard Payne for a three-game ASC series. Teams will play a 6 p.m. single game Friday and a 12 p.m. doubleheader Saturday at the softball field. Comet seniors will be recognized during Saturday's doubleheader.
- April 17: Men's and Women's Tennis vs. Austin College, 12 p.m.
- April 24: All-Sports Banquet, 1 p.m., Hyatt Regency in Richardson. For information, contact Valerie Hoops at extension 4497.
- May 20: Comet Club Golf Classic, 9 a.m., Firewheel Golf Park. We are looking for foursomes for the department's annual fundraising golf tournament. For information, contact Rob Bogardus at extension 6166.
Dean of Students - Health and Wellness Initiatives
- April 14: Turn Texas Teal (awareness table for Sexual Assault Month) 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Chess Plaza.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of March 28: Intakes, consultation and counseling (165), crisis services (25), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (32), couple and group counseling (56), testing (1), outreach (4), mind-body lab (8).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of March 28: Individual recovery support (4), other contacts (33). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (2), Al-Anon (1), meditation group (3), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), SMART(1).
- April 13: Free HIV testing, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., SSB 4.5.
- April 15: Body Project session, 1-3 p.m., RHSW MPR.
- April 16: Comet Voice and UTD Softball Promotion, 12 p.m., Softball Field.
Dean of Students - Student Engagement Initiatives
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of March 28: Academic dishonesty (2), misconduct (6), drugs (3), alcohol (2).
- April 18: Temoc's 18th Birthday, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Plinth.
- April 28: Power Dancer spring tryouts, Faculty/Staff Dining Hall.
- Student organizations raised approximately $4,800 at the SOC Spring Fun Raiser.
- May 3: Late Night Final Exam Breakfast. Volunteers are needed. Registration is open.
- The Student Organization Center is looking for two student coordinators for the 2016-2017 school year. Students should search for job ID 80671 on CometCareers.
- Save the dates: Welcome Week is set for Aug. 21-Sept. 2, and Homecoming is Nov. 9-12.
Dean of Students - Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- Search for an administrative assistant I is ongoing.
Student Transition Programs
Veteran Services Center
- April 29: End of Semester Lunch and Career Roundtable, 11:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Student veterans and their spouses are invited to attend an end of semester lunch followed by an employer networking event. Registration is required.
- The center is hiring student staff for summer/fall. VA work study requires that student is receiving VA educational benefits during the term of employment. Contact the center for more information.
- April 15: International education fund scholarship deadline (for students studying abroad this summer).
Marketing & Student Media
- Julie Spanos received the Silver Award at the Case District IV Accolades Awards on April 4, in the Design-Posters category. Julie was recognized for her 2015 Welcome Week "doodle art" design.
- April 18: Student Affairs staff headshots, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., SSB lobby. New staff who have not yet had their photo taken are invited to drop in anytime.
- Student Media received 32 overall awards/mentions at the recent Texas Intercollegiate Press Association (TIPA) Convention in Dallas, including first place for Overall Excellence, Sweepstakes, Division 2 for The Mercury and Editor/Director of the Year, Division 1 for Esteban Bustillos. Bustillos is the third Mercury editor in a row to win Editor/Director of the Year at TIPA.