Sept. 12, 2016
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Sept. 16: State Fair tickets ($13) go on sale at the Comet Center.
- Uber now accepts UTDollars. A current list of all off-campus merchants accepting UTDollars is available online.
- Sept. 13: Volleyball vs. Austin College, 7 p.m., Activity Center. Help "Gold Out" the gym as the Comets raise awareness for childhood cancer. Wear your gold or buy a gold shirt at the door. Free gold ribbons for all in attendance.
- Sept. 16: Volleyball vs. LeTourneau, 7 p.m., Activity Center.
- Sept. 17: Volleyball vs. Belhaven, 1 p.m., Activity Center. Join the Comets as they honor their senior class prior to the match with the Blazers.
- Sept. 17: Women's soccer vs. Howard Payne, 6 p.m., Soccer Field.
- Sept. 18: Men's soccer vs. California-Santa Cruz, 7 p.m., Soccer Field. Free cheeseburgers for all students in attendance for National Cheeseburger Day, while supplies last.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Aug. 29: Academic dishonesty (8), misconduct (4).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Aug. 29: Intakes, consultation and counseling (125), crisis services (19), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (31), group/couples (4), mind/body lab (2), outreach (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Aug. 29: Individual recovery support (4), other contacts (32). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), meditation group (2), Nourish eating disorder support group (2), SMART (1).
- Sept. 14: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2 :30 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
- Sept. 14 and 15: Free flu shot clinic for current students, 9 a.m.-12 p.m., Galaxy Rooms A and B. Spots are first-come, first-served with a valid Comet Card.
- Now through Oct. 2, Fall Into Fitness Program. Attend any group exercises classes and enter to win a variety of prizes. The more classes you attend, the better the prize!
- Sept. 13, Cardio Kick. Free to all Recreational Sports members, 4 p.m., RCW.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Sept. 17: IFC bid day, 11:45 a.m., Hoblitzelle Hall.
- Leadership workshops begin on Sept. 13. Find the full schedule online.
- The Student Organization Center is now sharing organization/department event information during the monthly SOC meetings. If there's something you or your organization would like to share, you may submit a detailed PowerPoint slide by 5:30 p.m. on the last Monday of each month.
- Sept. 27: Pride Points Pregame Party, 5:30 p.m., prior to the volleyball game against East Texas Baptist, Chess Plaza.
- Sept. 15: Bone Marrow Donor Drive Volunteer Orientation, 11 a.m.-12 p.m., Gemini Room. For more information, contact Monalisa Amidar or email [email protected].
- Sept. 22: Bone Marrow Donor Drive, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- Sept. 23: Tech Tutors: Experiment Boxes for Kids, 10 a.m.-12 p.m., Galaxy C.
- Sept. 30: OSV Student Leader Fall Retreat, 1-4 p.m., Libra Room.
- Oct. 4, 11, 18, 25: Viva Volunteer leadership trainings for responsible university officials (RUOs) and site leaders, 10-11 a.m., Galaxy Room C.
- Oct. 22: Viva Volunteer. Group registration is now closed. Individual registrations will be available first week of October for students not already registered with their organization.
- Administrative assistant II position is posted.
- Search is ongoing for a program coordinator.
Student Transition Initiatives
- Sept. 16: Start Smart Salary Negotiations Workshop, 12:30 p.m., SSB 3.107.
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Veteran Services Center
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Oct. 28: Save the date for Trunk or Treat, 6-8 p.m. in Lot T. More details soon.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- Sept. 15: Hispanic Heritage Month kick off, 7 p.m., the Plinth.
- Sept. 15: D'Andrea Young will join the center as coordinator for cultural programs and events.
- Sept. 23: VOICES Hispanic Leadership Weekend.