Oct. 17, 2016
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Oct. 18: Webinar: Support Your Muslim Students—Address Islamophobia, Create Safe Spaces & Manage Incidents Appropriately, 12:45-2:45 p.m., Phoenix Room.
- Oct. 19: Pot luck lunch, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., Athletics Conference Room. Contact Barbara Thompson to sign up.
- Oct. 20: Webinar: How to Develop a Plan for Adding Virtual Student Support Services, 12:30 p.m., Phoenix Room.
- For the fourth consecutive week, volleyball is ranked No. 9 in the AVCA/NCAA D-III Top 25, matching the highest-ever ranking for the team.
- Oct. 20: Soccer vs. Texas-Tyler, 5 & 7:30 p.m., Soccer Field. Paint the stands green as the Comets host rival Texas-Tyler for our annual Green Out game. Flags from around the world will be on the field in honor of International Night.
- Oct. 22: Soccer vs. Ozarks, 2 & 4:30 p.m., Soccer Field. Senior members of the men's and women's teams will be honored between games.
- Oct. 25: Volleyball vs. Texas-Tyler, 7 p.m., Activity Center.
- Oct. 29: Cross Country at ASC Championships, Austin.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Oct. 3: Academic dishonesty (11), misconduct (5), dean certifications (11).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Oct. 3: Intakes, consultation and counseling (191), crisis services (16), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (27), group, couples (41), testing (8), outreach (3).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Oct. 3: Individual recovery support (7), other contacts (23). Group meetings: Nourish eating disorder support group (2).
- Oct. 19: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
- Scheduling interviews for triage nurse and medical assistant positions.
- Oct. 20: Aqua/Land Boot camp, 12:30 p.m. Activity Center pool. Free for Recreational Sports members.
- Oct 17-21: National Collegiate Alcohol Awareness Week.
- Oct 17-21: College Alcohol Death Flag Display, Spirit Rocks.
- Oct 18: Mocktail Party, 6 p.m., RHW.
- Oct. 20: So You Think You Can Drive, 11 a.m., Chess Plaza.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Oct. 19: "Greeks in Pink" Breast Cancer Awareness event, 6-8 p.m., Plinth.
- Oct. 21: Staff FSL photo, 10 a.m., TI Plaza. Student Affairs staff that are members of a fraternity or sorority are invited to participate. Wear your letters or bring a sign to show your affiliation.
- Oct. 21: NPHC "Kickback" social event, 7-9 p.m., Plinth.
Student Transition Initiatives
- Oct. 18: Getting Hired with the Federal Government, 12:30 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
- Oct. 18: Be More Than Your Major, 2 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
- Oct. 19: Resume Workshop - Think like a Resume Editor, 3 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
- Oct. 20: Swiss Re Information Session, 6 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
- Oct. 21: Learn Strategic Interviewing Skills, 2 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- Transfer orientation dates for students entering in spring 2017: Oct. 21, Nov. 4, Nov.19 and Dec. 9.
Veteran Services Center
- Oct. 21 & 28: Warrior SMART training for student veterans.
Marketing and Student Media
- Oct. 17: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- Oct. 18: CommuniTEA - Exploring Feminism, 12-1 p.m., Women's Center.
- Oct. 25: Ally Appreciation Lunch, come and go for those who have been SAFE ZONE trained, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Women's Center. RSVP to Matthew Johns.
- Oct. 25: One Love - Dating Violence Workshop, 6:30 p.m., Faculty/Staff Dining Hall.