Dec. 5, 2016
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Dec. 7: Student Affairs holiday party, 11 a.m., Galaxy Rooms. Our volunteer service project this year is collecting items for soldiers overseas. Please review the list of items needed and bring them with you to the lunch. Drop off boxes will be in the Galaxy Rooms during that time only. If anyone wants to show off their ugly sweater that day, feel free. There may be a prize or two for participants.
- Dec. 5: Men's basketball at Texas-Arlington, 7 p.m., College Park Center in Arlington.
- Dec. 7: Basketball vs. Concordia Texas, 5:30 & 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 30: Women's basketball vs. University of Chicago, 4 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 31: Women's basketball vs. Milwaukee School of Engineering, 2 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 31: Men's basketball vs. Rhodes, 4 p.m., Activity Center.
- Jan. 3: Men's basketball vs. Hendrix, 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Jan. 5: Basketball vs. McMurry, 5:30 & 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Jan. 7: Basketball vs. Hardin-Simmons, 1 & 3 p.m., Activity Center.
- Men's soccer: Senior Sam Konstanty has been named first team Academic All-America for the second straight season. Konstanty is the first UTD student-athlete in any sport to earn first team honors back-to-back seasons.
- Softball: Senior Sara Navarro has been selected for the NCAA Division III Student Immersion Program. Navarro is one of two student-athletes from the American Southwest Conference who were chosen to attend the NCAA Convention next month to take part in special programming, in addition to Association-wide and D-III activities.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Nov 21: Academic dishonesty (1), misconduct (1).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Nov. 21: Intakes, consultation and counseling (56), crisis services (7), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (13), group and couples (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Nov. 21: Individual recovery support (6), other contacts (18). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), COR/Group (1).
- The spring 2017 insurance waiver submission period continues through Jan. 13.
- Dec 5-9: Stress Free Week. Hope notes, coloring pages and healthy snacks will be distributed to students.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Dec. 5: Expansion Presentation by Sigma Gamma Rho Sorority Inc., 5:30 p.m., Ritual Rooms. All are invited to see a presentation by a prospective sorority interested in expansion at UT Dallas.
- Student organization renewals must be submitted by Dec. 9.
- Dec. 12: Late Night Breakfast, Dining Hall West. Sign up to volunteer via OrgSync.
- Student Leadership Program's spring workshop schedule is now available online.
- Dec. 12 and 13: SUAAB Stressbusters, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- Still accepting applications for 2017 Alternative Spring Break responsible university officials (staff). Contact Monalisa Amidar for more information.
- Search for a program coordinator is ongoing.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- Dec. 9: final orientation for students entering in spring 2017. Registration for summer/fall 2017 dates will open in February.
Veteran Services Center
- Dec. 5-9: The Final Countdown, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., VSC. Daily promotions to encourage and motivate student veterans as the semester winds down.
Marketing and Student Media
- Dec. 5: New issues of AMP and The Mercury on newsstands.
- Dec. 8: Radio UTD hosts the "Summer in December" DJ concert, 7 p.m., Visual Arts Building (Art Barn).
Galerstein Women’s Center
- Dec. 10: Study break, 10 a.m.-4 p.m., GWC.
- Registration for February and April 2017 SAFE ZONE Ally Training is open. Contact Matt Johns with questions.
- Search is ongoing for an administrative assistant II.
- Save the date: The annual Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Breakfast is Jan. 19, 8:30 a.m., SU Galaxy Rooms.