Aug. 21, 2017
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Aug. 7: Academic dishonesty (5), misconduct (1).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Aug. 7: Intakes, consultation and counseling (25), crisis services (9), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (13), group/couple counseling (2), testing (1), outreach (3).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Aug. 7: Recovery planning (1), Breathe Easy planning (1), other contacts (43). Group meetings: Wellness Connection (2), Nourish Eating Disorder support group (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), community service (1), recovery foundations (1), outreach (2).
- Aug. 31: Deadline to renew/join University Recreation via payroll deduction.
- Aug. 27: PACER training, 4 p.m., location TBA.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Aug. 21-Sept. 1: Weeks of Welcome.
- Aug. 22: First Student Government meeting for fall 2017, 5:15 p.m., Galaxy Rooms. SG is currently taking applications for senate seats.
- Aug. 28: Student Leadership Spotlight applications due. Nominations accepted via on OrgSync.
- Aug. 24: Leadership Program Information Session, 2-3 p.m., SSA 12.471.
- Aug. 28: Introduction to the Student Leadership Challenge Model, 12-1 p.m., SSA 12.471, and 5-6 p.m., SSA 14.244.
- Aug. 31: Introduction to the Student Leadership Challenge Model, 12-1 p.m., SSA 14.244.
- Aug. 21: The Student Union, Student Services Building and Student Services Addition resume regular building hours, Monday-Sunday 7-2 a.m.
Student Transition Initiatives
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- Aug. 23: MVC Welcome Lunch, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., SSA 14.250.
- Aug. 24: Bagel Networking, 8:30-10:30 a.m., MVC. Student veterans are invited to network with Texas Instruments representatives.
- Student Jennifer Garcia received the U.S. Department of State's Benjamin A. Gilman International Scholarship for her Education Abroad program in China.
- Peer advising is offered Tuesdays, 9 a.m.-12 p.m. and Fridays, 1-4 p.m. in the International Center beginning Aug. 29.
- Sept. 23: Save the date for the Texas Party, 7-9 p.m.
- Intercultural Programs has a new email address: [email protected].
- Student orientations continue until Census Day. If you know of any late-arriving international students, the student should email [email protected] to schedule a session.
Marketing and Student Media
- Aug. 21: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.
- Aug. 25: "Meet the Press" open house, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., SU 1.602.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: