September 11, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Enrollment is 27,784, which is an increase of 3.7 percent. First-time-in-college (FTIC) is approximately 3,193, which is a decrease of about 1.1 percent.
- Recently a judge concluded the FLSA overtime rule to be invalid. What does this mean for employees? Nothing. This latest development doesn't change the current course of action employers have already taken in response to last year's injunction. The job reviews conducted by HR made us compliant with the current law. Contact Liz Ramirez with questions.
- Sept. 21: Women's soccer vs. Belhaven University, 5 p.m., soccer field.
- Sept. 21: Men's soccer vs. Belhaven University, 7:30 p.m., soccer field.
- Sept. 26: Volleyball vs. University of Texas-Tyler, 7 p.m., Activity Center.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Aug. 28: Academic dishonesty (8), misconduct (5).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Sept. 13: National Recovery Month Discussion Series "The LGBTQ+ Experience in Recovery," 7 p.m., SSA 14.270F.
- Sept. 14: National Recovery Month Purple Ribbon Project, 10 a.m., Plinth.
- Sept. 20: National Recovery Month Discussion Series "Addiction in Diverse Spiritual Pathways," 7 p.m., SSA 14.270F.
- Sept. 21: National Recovery Month Dude, Sweet Recovery (free baked goods while supplies last), 10 a.m., Comet Cafe.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Aug. 28: Initial and follow up evaluations, consultation and counseling (108), crisis services (21), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (33), group and couple counseling (10), testing (1), outreach (1).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Aug. 28: Recovery assessment (2), recovery planning (1), other contacts (130). Group meetings: Wellness connection (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), community service (1), SMART (1), campus open recovery (1), yoga (1), Narcotics Anonymous (1), refuge recovery (1), outreach (7). Text.
- Sept. 12: Cookies and Consent, 6 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
- Sept. 13: Three Goals and Donut Holes, 9 a.m., Outside SU.
- Sept. 13: Character Day, 12-1 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Sept. 13: Alcohol education presentation, 8 p.m., RHNW.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Sept. 14: FSL 25th Anniversary/Founder's Day, 12-2 p.m., Ritual Room (SU 1.610). Open to students and staff.
- Sept. 20: Garden Upkeep, 9-10:30 a.m. Registration required.
- Sept. 26: Tech Tutors, 1-4 p.m. Registration required.
- $4,669 in donations collected via Marketplace toward Hurricane Harvey Relief efforts.
- 537 items collected for Community Partners of Dallas Back during the back-to-school supply drive.
Student Transition Initiatives
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
Galerstein Gender Center
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: