Oct. 2, 2017
Awards and Acknowledgements
- Bruce August Jr., assistant director of the Multicultural Center, was elected chair of the newly-formed Black Faculty and Staff Alliance, a networking group of the UT Dallas Employee Resource Group.
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Oct. 27: Founder's Day, 12:30-2 p.m., TI Plaza/mall area.
- Oct. 31: State of the University, 2 p.m., ATC Lecture Hall.
- Oct. 30-31: Free employee flu shots. Locations vary on campus, Callier Center Dallas, the Center for Vital Longevity and the Center for Brain Health. View the schedule and make an appointment online.
- The search for university provost is ongoing. Four applicants have been invited to participate in interviews beginning this week.
- Oct. 9: On boarding, 2 p.m., Fraternity and Sorority Life Suite. All recently hired employees are encouraged to attend. Contact Danny Hernandez to reserve your seat.
- Oct. 26: Annual Halloween Bash at Four Bullets Brewery, 5:30-9 p.m. Cost: $11 per person (includes three beers). Potluck—bring a snack or appetizer to share. Costume contest, with a prize for the winner.
- Oct. 6: Volleyball vs. Louisiana College, 7 p.m., Activity Center.
- Oct. 7: Volleyball vs. Belhaven University, 2 p.m., Activity Center. Join the Comets as they honor their senior class prior to the match against Belhaven.
- Oct. 10: Volleyball vs. East Texas Baptist University, 7 p.m. Activity Center.
- Oct. 12: Women's soccer vs. Hardin-Simmons, 5 p.m., soccer field.
- Oct. 12: Men's soccer vs. Hardin-Simmons, 7:30 p.m., soccer field.
- Oct. 13: Comet Club Classic Golf Tournament, The Courses at Waters Creek, Allen. Register to enter as an individual or foursome. For more information, contact Rob Bogardus at extension 6166.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Sept. 18: Academic dishonesty (2), misconduct (3).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Sept. 18: Initial and follow-up evaluations (44), consultation and counseling (102), crisis services (34), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (11), group and couple counseling (81), testing (3), outreach (3).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Sept. 18: Recovery assessment (1), recovery planning (1), other contacts (52). Group meetings: Alcoholics Anonymous (1), wellness connection (1), community service (1), SMART (1), campus open recovery (1), yoga (1), Narcotics Anonymous (1), refuge recovery (1), outreach (6).
- Oct. 2: Free flu shot clinic for students, 1-4 p.m., Galaxy Rooms B & C.
- Oct. 4: Free dental screening for students, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room B.
- Oct. 5: Free flu shot clinic for students, 10 a.m.-1 p.m., Galaxy Rooms B & C.
- Oct. 25: Free dental screening for students, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
- Oct. 5-8: Lifeguard certification course, Activity Center Natatorium. Register here.
- Oct. 6-8 & 14-15: WSI certification course, Activity Center Natatorium. Register here.
- Oct. 12: Slacklining clinic, 6-8 p.m., outdoor slacklining area. Register at the Activity Center control desk.
- Oct. 20: Zip line excursion, 12-3 p.m., Go Ape! Plano. Register at the Activity Center control desk.
- Oct. 3: It's On Us sexual assault awareness pledge, 11 a.m.-1.p.m., SU mall.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Oct. 4: "It Comes at Night," with a special guest speaker about the history of horror films, 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Oct. 5: Lift Off Music Series presents The Riverside, 7-9 p.m., the Plinth.
- Save the date: Nov. 1—registered student organizations may start making room reservations for the spring semester. Departments may start making reservations for the spring semester on Nov. 20.
- Oct. 11: Community Garden Orientation, 4:15-4:45 p.m., UV Phase I.
- Oct. 14: Community Garden Workday, 8:30-10:30 a.m., UV Phase I, for registered gardeners.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
Finance and Administrative Services
Comet Card Office
- Oct. 7: Richardson Symphony Orchestra opening night concert. Orchestra tier, $20, mezzanine, $10.
- State Fair of Texas discounted will be sold online this year.
- Oct. 3: National Night Out, in partnership with UTD Police, 6:30-8:30 p.m., RHN courtyard.
International Student Services
Marketing and Student Media
- Oct. 2: New issues of AMP and The Mercury on newsstands.
- Oct. 6-7: VOICES Hispanic Student Leadership Weekend. Faculty and staff volunteers are needed.
- Oct. 24: Diversity Dinner Dialogue, 7 p.m., McDermott Library, fourth floor. Registration is open.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: