Oct. 9, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- The new assistant vice president for Student Affairs position is posted. Please share with those you think may be interested.
- Reminder: the Oct. 12 division meeting is canceled.
- Two University-wide strategic planning forums are scheduled for Oct. 16 and 17, both from 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. in the SSA Auditorium. Staff are encouraged to attend one of the events.
- The Professional Development Committee encourages everyone to attend conferences, workshops and training. Staff members have a stipend available to help with travel related expenses. Meet with your supervisor to determine which opportunity best meets your professional goals.
- Oct. 10: Volleyball vs. East Texas Baptist University, 7 p.m. Activity Center.
- Oct. 12: Women's soccer vs. Hardin-Simmons University, 5 p.m., soccer field.
- Oct. 12: Men's soccer vs. Hardin-Simmons University, 7:30 p.m., soccer field.
- Oct. 13: Comet Club Classic Golf Tournament, The Courses at Waters Creek, Allen. Register to enter as an individual or foursome. Limited space available. For more information, contact Rob Bogardus at extension 6166.
- Oct. 14: Women's soccer vs. McMurry University, 5 p.m., soccer field.
- Oct. 14: Men's soccer vs. McMurry University, 7:30 p.m., soccer field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Sept. 25: Academic dishonesty (13), misconduct (4).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Sept. 25: Initial and follow-up evaluations (36), consultation and counseling (74), crisis services (29), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (31), group and couple counseling (74), testing (2), WPATH assessment (1), outreach (6).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Sept. 25: Recovery assessment (3), recovery planning (2), other contacts (59). Group meetings: Alcoholics Anonymous (1), wellness connection (1), community service (1), SMART (1), Nourish (1), campus open recovery (1), yoga (1), Narcotics Anonymous (1), refuge recovery (1), outreach (6).
- Oct. 25: Free dental clinic, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
- Oct. 9: Group Fitness semester passes are half price ($25).
- Oct. 10: Breast Cancer Prevention Booth, 12-2 p.m., Student Union.
- Oct. 11: Breast Cancer Prevention Booth, 12-2 p.m., Student Union.
- Oct. 12: Coffee and Checkups, 9 a.m., Phoenix Room.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Oct. 11: Underground Poetry Circus: Rainbow Edition, 7-9 p.m., The Pub. Oct. 12: Meteor Theater presents "The Hitman's Bodyguard," 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- Oct. 19: Canyon Creek Heights ribbon cutting, 10:30 a.m., Canyon Creek Heights South entrance.
- Oct. 9: Peer Advisor application opens.
- Oct. 21: Trunk or Treat, 6-8 p.m., RHNW/Lot T.
- Supathi Puri has joined as a Living Learning Coordinator. She is providing support for the Women in STEAM, First Generation, Exploration and Management LLCs.
International Student Services
Galerstein Gender Center
- Oct.10: Hispanic Heritage Month Movie Night, 7 p.m., JO 3.516.
- Oct 12: Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration, 7 p.m., SU Galaxy Rooms.
- Oct. 24: Diversity Dinner Dialogue, 7 p.m., McDermott Library, fourth floor. Registration is open.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: