Oct. 16, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Two functional operations within the International Center—Study Abroad and International Partnership Development—will be moving under the leadership of Academic Affairs. A timeframe for the move has not yet been identified. Other than a possible change in reporting lines, no staff will be impacted. This change more closely aligns with the institution's vision to expand the international experiences of our students and to increase the number of international partnerships for UTD. If you have questions, please ask your supervisor.
- Beginning Oct. 16, pedestrian access to Franklyn Jenifer Drive from Waterview Parkway will be halted at Rutford Avenue. Entry to blocked areas from the SSA toward ATEC may be navigated by the west entry of the VCB, or by the sidewalks north of ECSN. The path is expected to reopen Nov. 6. Please see the map for details.
- Two University-wide strategic planning forums are scheduled for Oct. 16 and 17, both from 10:30 a.m.-12 p.m. in the SSA Auditorium. Staff are encouraged to attend one of the events.
- Oct. 19: Canyon Creek Heights ribbon cutting, 10:30 a.m., CCH south entrance.
- Oct. 27: Founders Day, 12:30-2 p.m., Chess Plaza area.
- Oct. 31: State of the University, 2-3 p.m., ATC 1.102.
- The softball team had 14 players named National Fastpitch Coaches Association All-America Scholar-Athletes for 2016-17, the most among any program from the American Southwest Conference.
- Oct. 19: Women's soccer vs. Southwestern University, 5 p.m., soccer field.
- Oct. 24: Volleyball vs. LeTourneau University, 7 p.m., Activity Center.
- Oct. 26: Women's soccer vs. LeTourneau University, 5 p.m., soccer field.
- Oct. 26: Men's soccer vs. LeTourneau University, 7:30 p.m., soccer field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Oct. 2: Academic dishonesty (11).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Oct. 2: Initial and follow-up evaluations (43), consultation and counseling (97), crisis services (27), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (30), group and couple counseling (68), testing (1), outreach (7).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Oct. 2: Recovery assessment (1), other contacts (68). Group meetings: Alcoholics Anonymous (1), wellness connection (1), community service (1), campus open recovery (1), Nourish (1), yoga (1), Narcotics Anonymous (1), refuge recovery (1), outreach (4).
- Oct. 25: Free dental clinic, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
- Oct. 16-20: Alcohol Awareness Week.
- Oct. 17: Mocktail Party, 7 p.m., RHW lobby.
- Oct. 18: Free HIV testing, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., SSB 4.5.
- Oct. 19: So You Think You Can Drive, 11 a.m., between SSB and the AC.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Applications for the Global Leadership Retreat are open until 5 p.m. on Oct. 23.
- Nominations are open for the October Student Leader Spotlight.
Student Transition Initiatives
- Oct. 16: Think Like a Resume Editor, 2-3 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- Oct. 19: Reverse Career Expo, 2-4 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
Student Transition Programs
- Oct. 17: Comet Credit, 5-6 p.m., SU Galaxy Room A.
- Oct. 17 & 18: Ring Days, 2-6 p.m., Davidson-Gundy Alumni Center, Texas Instruments Inspiration Hall.
- Oct. 20: Transfer Orientation, 7:30 a.m.-4 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
Military and Veteran Center
Finance and Administrative Services
Comet Card Office
- Oct. 19-21, Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Ravel's Piano Concerto for the Left Hand, 7:30 p.m. and Oct. 22, 2:30 p.m., $20.
- State Fair of Texas discount tickets are still available online.
International Student Services
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: