Dec. 11, 2017
Awards and Acknowledgements
- Ted Biddulph graduated from the fall 2017 class of PeopleSoft University. He was honored with a special award for scoring 100 percent on his final certification exam.
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Thank you to all who are helping with the Final Exam Breakfast and Memories on the Mall.
- Happy Holidays to all. Enjoy this time with family, friends and loved ones. See you next year!
- Books for the Professional Development Book Club are: The No Complaining Rule by Jon Gordon, Dealing with People You Can't Stand by Dr. Rick Brinkman and Dr. Rick Kirschner, Make your Bed by Admiral William H. McRaven, and Gratitude: How to Appreciate Life's Gifts by Kathryn Britton and Senia Maymin. The books are available for check out in the VPSA suite in SSA 14.120.
- Service hour winners for fall are: Catherine Pickrel, Bruce August, Matt Grief, Julie Spanos and Amber Mahler.
- The Employee of the Quarter is Maria Ochoa, and the Department of the Month is the Student Wellness Center.
- Congratulations to the orange team for winning this semester.
- Athletics welcomes the following new hires: Jarren Bealer, field event coordinator, and Corrie Hill, interim head softball coach.
- Dec. 18: Women's basketball vs. Hardin-Simmons, 5:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 18: Men's basketball vs. Hardin-Simmons, 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 20: Women's basketball vs. McMurry, 5:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 20: Men's basketball vs. McMurry, 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Dec. 21: Men's basketball vs. MacMurray, 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Jan. 2: Women's basketball vs. Southwestern, 5:30 p.m., Activity Center.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Nov. 27: Academic dishonesty (32), misconduct (2).
Health & Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Nov. 27: Initial and follow-up evaluations (36), consultation and counseling (114), crisis services (15), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (27), group and couple counseling (83), testing (6), WPATH (2), outreach (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Nov. 27: Recovery assessment (1), recovery planning (2), other contacts (54). Group meetings: Wellness connection (1), Alcoholics Anonymous (1), Nourish (1), community service (1), refuge recovery (1), SMART (1), outreach (3).
- Flu shots are still available by appointment only. Contact the Student Health Center at 972-883-2747 to schedule.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Dec. 11-14: Stressbusters (schedule below).
- Dec. 11: Donut Stress Day, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- Dec. 12: Glowcade, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- Dec. 13: Meteor Theater One Movie Marathon, featuring Elf, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- Dec. 14: Cereal and Cartoons, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- Winter break hours for SU, SSB and SSA: Dec. 15-17: 7 a.m.-midnight, Dec. 18-20: 7 a.m.-10 p.m., Dec. 21-Jan. 2: closed, Jan. 3-7: 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Registration for Alternative Spring Break is open until all spots are filled.
- 120 students served 208 volunteer hours as part of this year's National Hunger and Homelessness Awareness Week, which equates to $5,231.20 donated to the community.
- Undergraduate students interested in enrolling in a three credit hour service learning and food security course this spring (Thursday evenings, 5:30-8:30 p.m.) should email Mackenzie Hunter.
Student Transition Initiatives
- The search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- Dec. 11: Pictures with Temoc, 12-2 p.m., SU lower level.
- Dec. 11-16: Senior Week.
- The Student Welcome and Transition Team is accepting applications Jan. 16-Feb. 16.
|Follow Temoc on Social Media: