Jan. 9, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- The following offices have moved to the Student Services Addition (SSA): Assessment (14.120), Center for Students in Recovery (14.270), Comet Card Office (12.324), Finance and Administrative Services (14.120), Housing Operations (14.120), Marketing (14.120), Student Volunteerism (14.431T), Student Programs (14.431), Transfer Student Services (14.431), SUAAB (13.451), Veteran Services Center (14.258), VPSA (14.120). Building hours are 7 a.m.-2 a.m. Monday-Sunday.
- Kyle Edington has been selected as vice president for Development and Alumni Relations. A search is underway for a director of events and operations. This person will have oversight of the Davidson Gundy Alumni Center.
- Feb. 2: SSA dedication, 10:30 a.m.
- Jan. 16: Basketball vs. Mary Hardin-Baylor, 3 and 5 p.m., Activity Center.
- Jan. 19: Basketball vs. East Texas Baptist, 5:30 and 7:30 p.m., Activity Center.
- Jan. 21: Basketball vs. Louisiana College, 1 and 3 p.m., Activity Center.
- Senior volleyball player Michelle Toro became the first-ever student-athlete to be named first team All-American and first team Academic All-American during a career. Toro earned both honors this past fall, finishing her career as a two-time All-American for the Comets.
- Senior men's soccer player Sam Konstanty was named an NSCAA Scholar All-American, becoming the third men's player to earn the honor. Konstanty will be recognized at the NSCAA Convention in Los Angeles this week.
- The Comet volleyball team wrapped up the best season in school history and hosted the NCAA Division III Regional Tournament for the first time. They advanced to the regional title match before ending their season at 32-3.
Dean of Students
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Jan. 13: Spring 2017 insurance waiver submission deadline.
- Jan. 10: Last day to renew lockers.
- Jan. 9-Feb. 14: Resolution Revolution.
- Jan. 13: New lockers go on sale, 7 a.m.
- Jan. 17: Rock, Paper, Scissors, 10 p.m., Activity Center Auxiliary Gym.
- Jan. 9: Healthy Happy Meal, 9 a.m., Visitor's Center Atrium.
- Jan. 11: Student Wellness Center Open House, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., SSB 4.5.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Jan. 18-19: Leadership Program informational meetings, 12 p.m., SU 2.508.
- Jan. 24: Leadership Program "Model the Way" workshop, 12 p.m., SU 2.508.
- Jan. 9: Student Services Building (SSB) and Student Services Addition (SSA) begin spring operating hours: 7 a.m.-2 a.m., Monday-Sunday.
- Space is still open for 2017 Alternative Spring Break Responsible University Officials (staff). ASB travel dates are Sunday-Friday, March 12-17. Previous ASB experience preferred but not required, leadership training and pre-trip resources are provided. Contact Monalisa Amidar for information.
- Jan. 2-31: Can opener drive benefiting Comet Cupboard. Donation boxes are in SSA 14.431T, AD second floor near elevator and SU first floor lobby.
- Jan. 11: ASB leadership meeting, 2-3 p.m., Phoenix Room.
- Jan. 12: OSV info booth 11 a.m.-1 p.m., SU second floor.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- Jan. 18: Welcome Wednesday, 5 p.m., SU 2.602. Free event for undergraduate transfer students registered for spring 2017 classes and who missed transfer orientation.
- Transfer orientation registration for students entering in summer/fall 2017 will open in February.
Veteran Services Center
- Jan. 22: Hicks Scholarship applications for student veterans due.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- Jan. 11: Welcome Back Bash, 7 p.m., RHSW.
- Jan 13: The Rumble, 8 p.m., AC Main Gym.
- Jan. 19: House Cup Basketball, 8:30 p.m., RCW.
- Jan. 9: Education Abroad Information Booth, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., SU Comet Cafe.
International Student Services
Marketing and Student Media
- A search for an administrative assistant I is underway.
- If you or your area moved offices in conjunction with the SSA opening, be sure to check/update your website(s) for current contact information. If you need assistance with changes, contact Jessie Budd.
- Jan. 9: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- The search for an administrative assistant II is ongoing.
- The annual Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Breakfast is sold out. Thanks for the overwhelming response!
- Jan. 24: Lunar New Year Celebration, 7 p.m., Visitor Center Atrium.
- Jan. 26: Diversity Dinner Dialogue, 5 p.m., McDermott Library. Contact Danny Cordova for information.