Feb. 27, 2017
- The women's basketball team claimed its third American Southwest Conference championship in five seasons with a 67-60 win over Louisiana College Saturday night. The NCAA Division III National Tournament bracket will be announced at 1:30 p.m. Monday at ncaa.com.
- With women's basketball's ASC title, UTD has now won a school-record four conference championships during a single academic year. Women's cross country, volleyball and men's soccer won conference titles in the fall.
- Men's basketball had its season come to an end Friday night with a loss to eventual league champion Hardin-Simmons in the ASC semifinals.
- Feb. 27: Baseball vs. Southwestern, 2 p.m., Baseball Field. Moved from Tuesday, due to potential inclement weather.
- March 3: Softball vs. LeTourneau, 3 p.m., Softball Field.
- March 4: Softball vs. LeTourneau, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Softball Field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Feb.13: Academic dishonesty (9), misconduct (2).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Feb. 27-March 2: Eating Disorder Awareness Week, "Mirrors on the Mall," 12-2 p.m., Campus Mall.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Feb. 13: Intakes, consultation and counseling (151), crisis services (13), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (30), group/couple counseling (48), testing (3), outreach (6).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Feb. 13: Individual recovery support (12), other contacts (21). Group meetings: 12 step-all addiction (2), SAA (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), CSR activity (1), SMART (1).
- March 7: Twisted Trivia, 7 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- March 5: FSL 101, 3-5 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- March 9: UT Dallas cheer and dance teams, along with Temoc, invite Student Affairs staff to join them for breakfast and watch them perform their national routines, 9 a.m., Recreation Center West.
- April 24: Save the date - Student Leadership Awards, 5:30 p.m. Award nominations will be open March 1-12. Link coming soon.
- March 1: "Blade Runner," 7 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
Finance and Administrative Services
Comet Card Office
- Six Flags discount tickets now available (day pass, season pass, Hurricane Harbor combo pass), $50.75-$91.79.
- March 2, 3, 5: Dallas Symphony Orchestra, Rachmaninoff + Rachmaninoff, $20.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- March 1: Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion - Real Talk with Dr. Elliott, Trump's first month, 5:30-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- March 6: Pre-Health LLC Tea Time with HPAC, 3-4 p.m., RHNW lobby.
International Student Services
- Currently accepting applications for two vacant ISSO positions: systems analyst II and international student advisor I.
Marketing and Student Media
- Please welcome Jessica Castillo, AAI, who starts on Feb. 27.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- March 8: European Heritage Celebration, 7 p.m., the Plinth.
- The newly created Women of Color Discussion Group meets in the Multicultural Center on Tuesdays at noon.