Mar. 6, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- March 8: Division meeting, 10:30 a.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- As you begin planning 2017-18 events, please make sure you are sensitive to scheduling around major religious holidays. See the special dates page on the Student Affairs website for listings through 2020.
- Frank Feagans has accepted the role of vice president for Information Technology/Chief Information Officer, effective March 7.
- Dr. Poras Balsara will serve as interim dean for the Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science. He is replacing former Dean Mark Spong who has decided to return to faculty duties.
- March 7: Staff appreciation day at the baseball game, 1 p.m. Free ticket and food voucher for sandwich, popcorn and a drink. Contact Bill Petitt for more information.
- March 7: Baseball vs. Northland (WI), 1 p.m., Baseball Field.
- March 17: Baseball vs. LeTourneau, 2 p.m., Baseball Field.
- March 17: Softball vs. East Texas Baptist, 6 p.m., Softball Field.
- March 18: Baseball vs. LeTourneau, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Baseball Field.
- March 18: Softball vs. East Texas Baptist, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Softball Field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of Feb. 27: Academic dishonesty (12), misconduct (2).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of Feb. 27: Intakes, consultation and counseling (185), crisis services (15), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (27), group/couple counseling (58), testing (5), outreach (5).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of Feb. 27: Individual recovery support (14), other contacts (14). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), SMART (1), Sex Addiction Anonymous (1).
- March 11-19: No Group Fitness classes (spring break).
- March 13: Group Fitness semester passes half-price sale ($25).
- March 6-10: Safe Spring Break Week.
- March 6: Health Fair, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Visitor's Center Atrium.
- March 7: Twisted Trivia, 7 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
- March 9: Sex in the Dark, 7 p.m., Res Hall West MPR.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- Spring break hours (Student Union, Student Services Building, Student Services Addition): March 10-12, 7 a.m.-midnight, and March 13-19, 8 a.m.-10 p.m.
- March 20-24: Springapalooza.
- March 1-31: Book Drive, benefiting Friends of the Richardson Library. Donation boxes located in SSA 14.431T, AD second floor elevator, SU first floor lobby, McDermott Library lobby.
- March 9: Adopt-a-Highway, 9-11 a.m., SSA lobby. Registration required.
- March 12-17: Alternative Spring Break (for registered participants).
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
- March: Tau Sigma National Honor Society membership drive.
Military and Veteran Center
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- March 6: Pre-Health LLC: Tea time with HPAC: 3-4 p.m., RHNW lobby.
- March 7: Arts, Technology and Emerging Communications LLC: Faculty game night, 5:30-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- March 8: Pre-Health LLC: NSM pre-registration advising, 8-10 a.m., RHW lobby.
- March 8: Social Sciences LLC: Hope's Door service event, 5:30-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- March 9: Exploration LLC: Etiquette dinner, 5:30-7 p.m., RHW 2.400, RSVP required.
- At the recent Southwest Affiliate of College & University Residence Halls Regional Business Conference, UT Dallas' chapter the National Residence Hall Honorary was awarded the "Building Block Chapter of the Year" award for outstanding growth and development on campus and in the region.
- Alissa Qualheim has accepted the position of Education Abroad adviser and starts March 6.
- March 6: Education Abroad Information Booth, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., SU Comet Cafe area.
- March 7: Pre-departure Orientation, 12:30-2 p.m., SSB 3.107.
- March 8: Exchange Mobility Workshop, 9:30-11 a.m., SSB 3.107A.
- March 8: Information Booth - AIFS Study Abroad, 12-2 p.m., SU lower level.
- March 10: Education Abroad Information Session, 12:30-1:30 p.m., SSB 3.107A.
- The International Center is looking for students or staff to volunteer as henna artists during iWeek (on April 6). If you have previous experience applying henna, sign up online.
Marketing and Student Media
- March 6: New issues of The Mercury, AMP on newsstands.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- March 8: Painting with a Twist: A Celebration of International Women's Day, 5:30-7:30 p.m., Galerstein Women's Center. Registration is required.
- March 23: Women's History Month Luncheon, 12:30-2 p.m., McDermott Suite. Registration is open.
- A few spots are still open for April SAFE ZONE Ally Training. Please register to secure your spot. Contact Matt Johns with questions.
- March 8: European Heritage Celebration, 7 p.m., the Plinth.
- The newly created Women of Color Discussion Group meets in the Multicultural Center on Tuesdays at noon.