March 27, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- The annual review deadline is approaching, so please have those wrapped up soon.
- Save the date: June 1 all-division Student Affairs picnic, 11:30 a.m.-1 p.m., VCB Atrium. Food, games and fun will be brought to you by the Student Affairs Social Committee.
- Please note the Student Affairs all-staff meeting scheduled for May 17 is canceled.
- April 8: Evan's Park cleanup, as part of the Great American Clean-up with the City of Plano, 9-11 a.m. Sign up via Qualtrics.
- March 29: Women's Golf vs. Southwestern Christian, 8 a.m., Twin Creeks Golf Course, Allen.
- March 31: Baseball vs. McMurry, 1 p.m., Baseball Field.
- March 31: Softball vs. Howard Payne, 5 p.m. doubleheader, Softball Field.
- April 1: Baseball vs. McMurry, 12 p.m. doubleheader, Baseball Field.
- April 1: Softball vs. Howard Payne, 12 p.m., Softball Field.
- April 4: Baseball vs. Texas Wesleyan, 3 p.m., Baseball Field.
- April 7: Men's and Women's Tennis vs. Mary Hardin-Baylor, 3 p.m., Tennis Courts.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of March 13: misconduct (1).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of March 13: Intakes, consultation and counseling (44), crisis services (8), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (17), group/couple counseling (4), testing (2), outreach (2).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of March 13: Individual recovery support (4), other contacts (16).
- March 29: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room C. Space is limited. Contact the Student Health Center to schedule an appointment.
- March 28: The Connection Carnival, 6-8 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
- March 29: Breath Easy tobacco-free event, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Galaxy Rooms. Open to staff, faculty and students.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- March 28: Sigma Phi Omega Throw Pies not Punches, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., SU mall area.
- March 29: Delta Zeta Wing Fling, 4:30-11 p.m., Chess Plaza.
- March 30: IFC Fallen First Responders BBQ, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Chess Plaza.
- March 30: Sigma Lambda Alpha Senorita Stroll Night, 7:30-10 p.m., Chess Plaza.
- March 31: Veteran BBQ (IFC), 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Chess Plaza.
- The Student Organization Center is looking for two student coordinators for the 2017-2018 school year. The application closes today, March 27.
- Students are encouraged to join a SUABB committee or the executive council for a chance to be involved in planning campus-wide events. Interest forms and more information are available on the SUAAB website. Applications will be accepted through March 31.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- April 18: Road Warriors Operation Upcycle, 2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- March 27: Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion, BaFa BaFa: A Game for Understanding Culture, 5-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- March 28: Pre-Health LLC, Behavioral and Brain Sciences meet-and-greet, 10 a.m.-5 p.m., RHW lobby.
- March 29: Engineering LLC, mechanical engineering dinner with Dr. Mario Rotea, 5:30-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- March 30: Pre-Health LLC, general chemistry review session, 7-9 p.m., RHW 2.401.
- March 31: Computer Science LLC, Raspberry Pi hack, 5:30-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
Marketing and Student Media
- March 27: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- March 29: Multicultural Center Student Employment Interest Session, 3-4:30 p.m., SSA 14.244. For more information contact D'Andrea Young.