April 10, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Thank you to everyone who participated in the division's community service project at Evans Park. It was a wonderful time and great way to interact with our staff outside the office. Thanks to the Professional Development Committee for coordinating!
- April is upon us, and with that, the end of another academic year draws near. Though you have experienced the end of a semester before, many of our students are experiencing it for the first time, or even the last. Make it special for them and give them something to remember.
- Quote of the day: Be a yardstick for quality. Some people aren't used to an environment where excellence is expected. — Steve Jobs
- April 10-11: Women's golf at ASC Championships, Oakmont Country Club, Corinth.
- April 11: Baseball vs. Concordia Texas, 3 p.m., baseball field.
- April 13: Baseball vs. Louisiana College, 2 p.m., baseball field.
- April 14: Baseball vs. Louisiana College, 12 p.m. doubleheader, baseball field.
- April 14: Men's and women's tennis vs. Howard Payne, 3:30 p.m., tennis courts.
- April 18-19: Men's golf at ASC Championships, Comanche Trace Golf Course, Kerrville.
- April 21: Softball vs. Louisiana College, 4 p.m. doubleheader, softball field.
- April 22: Softball vs. Louisiana College, 1 p.m. (Senior Day), softball field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of March 27: Academic dishonesty (19), misconduct (2).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- April 14: Consent Concert, 4-8 p.m., Plinth.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of March 27: Intakes, consultation and counseling (154), crisis services (24), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (31), group/couple counseling (62), testing (4), outreach (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of March 27: Individual recovery support (8), other contacts (27). Group meetings: Nourish eating disorder support group (1), Sexual Addicts Anonymous (1), SMART (1), outreach (1).
- April 12: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A. Appointments are limited. Contact the Student Health Center to schedule.
- April 11: One Love Escalation Workshop, 8 p.m., SSA Auditorium.
- April 12: Take Back the Night, 6 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- April 17: Student Organization renewals open.
- April 29: Leadership Awards, 5:30 p.m., RSVP is required.
- Co-facilitator applications for Leadership Program workshops are open to any student who has completed their certification. Applications due on Orgsync by May 7.
- April 12: Meteor Theater hosts "La La Land," 7 p.m., Lot T.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- April 18: Road Warriors at Operation Upcycle, 2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- April 19: End of Semester BBQ and Career Roundtable, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., SU Galaxy Rooms. Student veterans and spouses are invited to a BBQ lunch and networking opportunity. RSVP required.
- May 4: Register now for the Veteran Breakfast, 9-10:30 a.m., McDermott Suite. Open to students, staff and faculty. Tickets are limited. RSVP required.
Finance and Administrative Services
Comet Card Office
- Dallas Chamber Symphony concert "Variations," April 18, 8 p.m., $15.
- Scarborough Renaissance Festival, April 8-May 29, adult ticket $22, child ticket $12.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- April 11: Management LLC: Career mapping with the Career Management Center, 6-7:30p.m., RHW MPR, RSVP required.
- April 12: All LLC: Certificate of Diversity and Inclusion, the president's first 100 days, 5:30-7 p.m., RHW MPR, RSVP required.
- April 13: Exploration LLC: Networking mixer: 6-7:30 p.m., RHW MPR, RSVP required.
- April 17: Engineering LLC: Pie an advisor, 5:30-7 p.m., RHW, RSVP required.
- April 18: Springfest, 6 p.m., RHW.
- April 20: RHA Renaissance Fair, 7 p.m., Phase 8 Clubhouse.
- April 21: House Cup Kickball, 3 p.m., softball fields.
Marketing and Student Media
- April 10: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.
Galerstein Women’s Center
- Registration for Safe Zone Ally Training in June and July is open. Contact Matt Johns with questions.
- April 11: Diversity Dialogues, 11:45 a.m.-1:15pm, JSOM 11.305. Registration is available online.
- April 13: Asian Heritage Celebration, 6:30-8:30 p.m., North mall.