April 17, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Congratulations to Chris Gormley, Student Affairs Employee of the Quarter; the Student Counseling Center, March Department of the Month; and the office of Community Standards and Conduct, April Department of the Month.
- April 18-19: Men's golf at ASC Championships, Comanche Trace Golf Course, Kerrville.
- April 21: Softball vs. Louisiana College, 4 p.m. doubleheader, softball field.
- April 22: Softball vs. Louisiana College, 1 p.m. (Senior Day), softball field.
- April 27-29: Softball at ASC Championship, site TBD.
- April 27-29: Women's tennis at ASC Championship, Abilene.
- April 28: Baseball vs. Howard Payne, 2 p.m., baseball field.
- April 29: Baseball vs. Howard Payne, 12 p.m. doubleheader (Senior Day), baseball field.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of April 3: Academic dishonesty (9).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of April 3: Intakes, consultation and counseling (172), crisis services (16), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (34), group/couple counseling (66), testing (6), outreach (4).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of April 3: Individual recovery support (8), other contacts (30). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Al-Anon (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), Sexual Addicts Anonymous (1).
- April 20: Sun salutations at the Rec Sports table - Earth Fair, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., VCB.
- April 23: Adult and child CPR/AED certification, 12-2 p.m., Activity Center MP Orange. Enroll online or contact Carly Johnston for more information.
- April 19: Free HIV testing, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., SSB 4.5.
- April 19: Alcohol Awareness Month event, 11 a.m., Chess Plaza.
- April 21: #thatsnotlove, 11 a.m., Faculty Staff Dining Hall.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- May 2: Save the date: Late Night Final Exam Breakfast.
- April 20: Meteor Theater: Cosmic Film Festival, 6 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
- April 18: Road Warriors at Operation Upcycle, 2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A.
- April 27: Road Warriors Commuter Break, 4 p.m., Galaxy Room C.
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- April 19: End of semester BBQ and career roundtable, 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., SU Galaxy Rooms. RSVP required.
- May 4: Register now for the Veteran Breakfast from 9-10:30 a.m. in the McDermott Suite, MC 4.4. RSVP required.
Marketing and Student Media
- Welcome to Scott Salhanick, who has joined UT Dallas as web developer for Student Affairs.
- April 19: Radio UTD hosts the local music showcase featuring Native Fox and Aesja & Lil JSean, 8 p.m., Plinth.
- April 28: Cinco De Mayo celebration, 12-1:30 p.m., Plinth.
- The center is hiring for the following student positions: Multicultural Peer Advocates #90682, Diversity Peer Educator #90662, graphic designer #90635, student success assistant #90692.