April 24, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Searches are underway for the Vice President for Communications and University Provost.
- Don't forget to nominate for employee and department of the year.
- April 27-29: Softball at ASC Championship, Tyler.
- April 27-29: Women's tennis at ASC Championship, Abilene.
- April 28: Baseball vs. Howard Payne, 2 p.m., baseball field.
- April 29: Baseball vs. Howard Payne, 12 p.m. doubleheader (Senior Day), baseball field.
- May 4-6: Men's tennis at ASC Championship, Tyler.
- May 5-7: Baseball at ASC Championship first round, site TBD.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of April 10: Academic dishonesty (21), misconduct (2).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- April 24: PAWS for Finals, 1-4 p.m., Visitor Center Atrium.
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of April 10: Intakes, consultation and counseling (164), crisis services (24), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (26), group/couple counseling (60), testing (4), outreach (8).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of April 10: Individual recovery support (5), other contacts (25). Group meetings: Al-Anon (1), Nourish Eating Disorder support group (1), SMART (1), Sexual Addicts Anonymous (1).
- April 29: Free dental screening, 9:30 a.m.-2:30 p.m., Galaxy Room A. Appointments are limited. Contact the Student Health Center to schedule.
- April 28: Last day of Group Fitness classes for the semester. New schedule begins June 5.
- April 25: Time Out Tuesday cookie decorating, 6 p.m., Dining Hall West.
- April 28: A Walk in Their Shoes, 11 a.m., Faculty Staff Dining Hall.
Student Engagement Initiatives
Fraternity and Sorority Life
- April 24: IFC Sexual Assault Awareness Month booth, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., SU.
- May 2: Late Night Final Exam Breakfast, 10 p.m.-midnight, Dining Hall West.
- May 1-3: Stress Busters, SU Galaxy Rooms. Events include: May 1: Le Comet Cafe, with live music and treats, 11 a.m.-2 p.m. May 2: Canvas and Clay, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. May 3: N.A.P. (No Anxiety Project), with comfy seating, relaxing music and massage therapists, 11 a.m.-6 p.m.
Student Transition Initiatives
New Student Programs
Student Transition Programs
Military and Veteran Center
- May 4: Veteran Breakfast, 9-10:30 a.m., McDermott Suite, MC 4.4. Open to all. Tickets are limited. RSVP required.
- May 8: Veteran Cord Ceremony, 7 p.m., Faculty Staff Dining Room. Graduating student veterans should RSVP for the event.
Housing Operations and Residential Life
- The punch list for rooms has started at Canyon Creek Heights Apartments North & South. The project is expected to be complete in time for move-in.
- Ted Biddulph joined as senior director of business services.
- May 10: University Commons move-out.
- May 12: University Village move-out.
- The associate director of Housing Operations position is filled and the candidate is scheduled to start June 1.
- Currently interviewing for assistant director of Housing facilities maintenance position.
- April 25: RHNW/NRHH Stressbuster Carnival, 5-7 p.m., RHNW courtyard.
- April 25: Pre-Health LLC: Medical School Panel: 5:30-7 p.m., RHW 2.401, RSVP required.
- May 2: Breakfast and Bluebooks, 7:30 a.m., various locations.
- Currently interviewing candidates for RHN, RHNW, RHW ARLC positions.
- Residential Life will be collecting promotional items for freshman welcome bags. Contact Kaytie Farrell if your office would like to contribute.
Marketing and Student Media
- April 24: New issue of The Mercury on newsstands.