July 10, 2017
Vice President for Student Affairs
- Please complete your division survey by July 20. As a reminder, only Student Affairs staff should participate.
- July 14: Join us in recognizing Cristen Casey's years of service with UT Dallas, 10 a.m., SSA lobby.
- July 31: Student Affairs division staff meeting, 2 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
- Aug. 14: Strategic planning session, 9-11 a.m., location TBA. This will be required for director level and above positions. More details to follow.
- There currently are five executive leadership searches in progress at UT Dallas. Learn more and track progress online.
- Women's basketball head coach Polly Thomason has been named to the Board of Directors of the Women's Basketball Coaches Association (WBCA) as the NCAA Division III Legislative Chair. Thomason has been the head coach for the past 12 years and has led UTD to three American Southwest Conference championships.
- Three members of the women's golf team have been recognized as All-American Scholars by the Women's Golf Coaches Association (WGCA). Junior Hailey Hollas, and freshmen Michelle Edgar and Marissa Langer, were among those honored.
- Fall sports schedules (men's soccer, women's soccer and volleyball) are now available online.
Dean of Students
Community Standards and Conduct
- New cases for the week of June 26: Academic dishonesty (7), misconduct (1).
Health and Wellness Initiatives
- Clinical services/sessions for the week of June 26: Intakes, consultation and counseling (66), crisis services (11), psychiatric evaluations and treatment (14), group/couple counseling (11), outreach (4), testing (5).
- Center for Students in Recovery services for the week of June 26: Individual recovery support (1), other contacts (29). Group meetings: 12 step-all addictions (1), Nourish eating disorder support group (1), Refuge Recovery (1), outreach (2).
- Free yoga class for all University Recreation members, Wednesdays, 5:30 p.m., MP-Orange Room.
Student Engagement Initiatives
- July 10-Aug. 9: Cometville sign ups.
- Any department that would like to participate in Breakfast Bonanza during Weeks of Welcome should contact Tineil Lewis-Moore.
Student Transition Initiatives
- International Student Orientations are held throughout August. The schedule and additional information is available online.
- Aug. 7: Resource Fair for New Students, 3-5 p.m., Galaxy Rooms.
Marketing and Student Media
- Aug. 14: Staff photos, 10-11:30 a.m., SSB lobby. If you have new staff or are interested in updating your photo, please RSVP to Jessie Budd.
- The latest UTD TV newscast is now available.
- July 18: Diversity Dialogues, 11:45 a.m.-1:15 p.m., JSOM 11.305. Register online.