Submit a Nominee
Nominations are not judged according to the number of nominations received; rather, it is the quality of the information included in the nomination that is considered. Committee members look for specific examples of special achievement or consistent outstanding performance that, according to each member"s professional judgment, clearly demonstrates what is expected of a good employee.
Nominations should be based on at least one of the following criteria:
- Provides superior sustained customer service or a special one-time contribution to Student Affairs or UT Dallas.
- Continually contributes to, strengthens, and expands a respectful, diverse and collaborative work environment.
- Exemplifies excellence and integrity in workplace relationships, interactions, and decision making.
- Exhibits exceptional resourcefulness, innovation or creativity.
- Enhances the story of UT Dallas Student Affairs' programs and services through meaningful, integrated community involvement and outreach.
The Shooting Star Award recognizes outstanding performance and special achievements of Student Affairs employees.
2012 Award Winners
Catherine Pickrel, Residential Life
Bruce Unrue, Athletics
Elaine White, Career Center
Monalisa Amidar, Student Volunteerism
Michael Doty, Career Center
Kara Leonard, International Student Services
Melissa Wyder, Student AccessAbility
2011 Award Winners
Ben Piper, Recreational Sports
Sue Sherbet, Student Affairs
Dr. Gene Fitch, Dean of Students
Mario Villegas, ISSO
Kacey Luker, Student Wellness Center
Mohammed Rahman, Career Center
Amanda Rupert, Recreational Sports
Ellie Hakim, Student Counseling Center
Cassini Nazir, Student Affairs
2010 Award Winners
Briana Lemos, FSL/Spirit Programs
Delvora King, Student Union
Esther Watkins, Career Center
Mac Siner, Recreational Sports
Darla Dougherty, Dean of Students
2009 Award Winners
Chelsea Villareal, Residential Life