The Division of Student Affairs strives to develop and implement high-quality, innovative, student-focused programs and traditions that result in graduates who are satisfied and successful.
In order to serve a growing multifaceted and diverse student population, we must:
- Prepare students to maximize the value of their University experience as well-educated graduates and citizens.
- Meet the dynamic needs of students through extra- and co-curricular programs and services that specifically enable students to meet their academic and life goals.
- Proactively support and contribute to the University's efforts to improve retention and graduation rates by engaging students in the life of the University.
- Embrace the cultural pluralism of UT Dallas and view the diversity of the student body as an organizational strength and a mandate for the Division's programs and services.
- Provide transitional support to all students through the various stages of their university experience and into life after graduation.
Student Affairs is commited to the following guiding principles:
- Education and Advocacy.
- Quality Service.
- Research and Innovation.
- Excellence and Accountability.
- Commitment to Community Involvement and Service.
Commitment to High Quality Services
The division of Student Affairs is committed to putting students first, recognizing and respecting the needs and rights of all individuals.
Our promise to students includes:
- Treating them with courtesy, respect and professionalism.
- Identifying ourselves by name.
- Listening and responding appropriately.
- Conducting ourselves with efficiency, integrity, fairness and concern.
- Providing relevant, accurate information.
- Actively seeking students' feedback.
If problems occur, we will:
- Earnestly strive to deliver immediate solution.
- Always advise of other possible actions.
- Confirm that the problem has been resolved.