The Student Success Center
The Student Success Center is part of the Office of Undergraduate Education and your portal to educational enhancement and educational success.
Whether it is individualized tutoring, Peer-Led Team Learning (PLTL), Supplemental Instruction (SI), coordinated group study, or another approach to improving academic achievement, our student success team members make every attempt to assist students in achieving their academic goals across a wide variety of subject areas.
Our services include:
- The Math Lab located in the McDermott Library, MC 3.606, is your source for help with math, physics and statistic courses.
- The Writing Center located in MC 1.206, provides help for any stage of your writing process.
- Our Success Coach located in RHN 2.006 helps ensure your college experience is a successful one.
- The Testing Center, located in MC 1.304. is a technologically advanced computer testing lab with more than 150 computers to support online exams in an array of courses.
- We offer Peer-Led tutoring in a variety of subjects to help you become successful with your studies.
- Need to take the Texas Success Initiative Assessment (TSI)? See how to register.
- Need to take the Texas Higher Education Assessment (THEA) examination? See our schedule.
Check out our various scheduled office hours and offerings then, visit our facilities and offices in the McDermott Library to learn more about us and--more importantly--the academic subjects in which you most want to excel in.
UT Dallas is unique among many comparable colleges and universities for the remarkable amount of resources--human, facilities and technology--which it has dedicated to the Student Success Center. At its core is the GEMS Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP).
The PLTL Program Received the STAR Award
The Texas Higher Education Star Award, recognizes public and independent institutions of higher education; public and private schools and school districts; and organizations, groups, and individuals for their exceptional contributions toward one or more of the goals of Closing the Gaps by 2015, the Texas higher education plan adopted by the Coordinating Board in October 2000.
Six Star Award winners emerged from 78 applicants. The selection of the recipients was based on the recommendations of a nine-member panel consisting of Coordinating Board members, Texas community leaders, and out-of-state educational experts. The UT Dallas Peer-Led-Team-Learning Program received the Star Award.
Read the full story....
The Success Center
during Spring Break
March 10th - March 16th
Have a Great Time!
“Success seems to be connected with action.
Successful people keep moving.
They make mistakes, but they don’t quit”
© 2014 University of Texas at Dallas | Student Success Center | 800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080 | 972-883-6707