PLTL, SI, and Peer Tutoring sessions end on December 11th.
SI and Peer Tutoring are offering special sessions during
Peer Tutoring Schedule – Finals Week
SI Schedule – Finals Week (TBD)
The Peer Tutoring Program offers free tutoring each semester to UT Dallas undergraduates who are currently enrolled. Students meet with peer tutors in the Student Success Center tutoring rooms. Peer tutors are students like you!
They understand your challenges and they are eager to help you learn what they know. All tutors receive on-going training both in best current tutoring practices and on tutoring strategies relevant to their tutoring discipline.
All peer tutors hired by the Student Success Center have been highly successful in the courses they tutor.
Our Peer Instructional methods
Supplemental Instruction (SI) is a formal partnership between a faculty member and a SI leader. The SI leader candidates are recommended by faculty.
Once chosen, the SI leader will set-up weekly appointments to meet with the faculty member for resources, assistance, and course direction.
SI offers FREE, out of class, study sessions for historically difficult courses. Our institutional data shows that students who regularly attend SI earn, on average, 1/2 to 1 whole letter grade higher than non-SI participants.
- Sessions are facilitated by students who have previously done well in the targeted courses.
- SI guides students through class material in a collaborative environment where students work together to discuss important concepts, compare notes, develop strategies for studying the subject, and test each other.
- Students may attend three, 1 hour voluntary sessions per week.
- For additional information contact the Program Coordinator, Tiffanie Douglas email@example.com or call (972)883-6850.
Peer-Led Team Learning (PLTL) is an innovative model for engaging students—especially in the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
Sessions are designed to encourage problem-solving strategies in pairs and in groups. UT Dallas and national studies show that students who regularly attend PLTL earn, on average, 1/2 to 1 whole letter grade higher than non-PLTL participants.
- Small groups of students meet once a week for 80-minute workshop sessions led by a Peer Leader. Weekly participation is expected.
- Participation in PLTL is FREE, course-specific, and requires registration in Orion.
- Faculty recommendation is required to become a Peer Leader. Students participating in work groups become more self-sufficient in managing learning behaviors, approaches to group study, and time.
- If you are interested in setting up PLTL for your course, please contact Michael Saenz firstname.lastname@example.org or call (972) 883-6844.
Check our website each semester to see which subjects have free tutoring available. If your course would benefit from Peer Tutoring, ask your department head to contact the Program Coordinator.
- All Peer Tutors are students who have excellent academic standing and excel in the areas in which they tutor.
- The goal of each tutoring session is to assist students in developing strategies that will help strengthen knowledge, develop transferable learning skills, and achieve academic success.
- For further information contact Jody Everson email@example.com or call (972) 883-2772.
We help UT Dallas Students Succeed!
Interested in sharing what the Student Success Center offers your students?
Email us or call our office (972) 883-6707 to have a speaker come talk to your class about our many services for currently enrolled students.
© 2013 University of Texas at Dallas | Student Success Center | 800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080 | 972-883-6707