Would you like to be a Leader in the Peer-Led Team Learning Program?
Check back in the Fall for Spring'14
PLTL Leader Positions
Peer-Led Team Learning (PLTL) is a nationally recognized mean of engaging students especially in the science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) fields.
Students who participate in PLTL not only reap the benefits of higher engagement with, and application of, course material, but also connect socially with peer leaders who have prior knowledge, experience, and success in a course.
As a peer leader, you will:
- Conduct weekly collaborative sessions at the Student Success Center
- Attend the weekly peer leader/liaison meeting
- Complete all assigned work
- Maintain attendance records for each section you lead
- Participate in debriefing surveys and discussions about the PLTL program
- Earned a grade of B or higher in the course(s) for which you are applying
- Minimum G.P.A of 3.0
You will need a CareerWorks Account, so if you don't have one, create one.
- Log in to your CareerWorks account.
- Fill out the PLTL Employment Application.
- Go to the Resource Library
- Select the Student Resources folder
- Select the Fall 2013 PLTL Employment Application form, fill it out, and save it.
- Select the My Documents tab and upload your 3 documents
- Your resume
- Your unofficial transcript
- the PLTL application (which goes in the “Miscellaneous” category)
- Click on the “Opportunities” tab
- Select “Part-time On-Campus Jobs”
- Enter Job ID: 48540
- Click the submit button to apply for this position
Note: Make sure your resume, unofficial transcript and the PLTL Employment Application are already uploaded.
© 2013 University of Texas at Dallas | Student Success Center | 800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080 | 972-883-6707