UT Dallas strongly supports student-to-student teaching and learning initiatives within The Student Success Center.
The UT Dallas Student Success Center offers FREE peer tutoring to currently enrolled UT Dallas students. Tutoring assistance is offered for many of the historically challenging subjects at UT Dallas, including Biochemistry, Biology, Organic Chemistry, General Chemistry, Neuroscience, and Mechanical Engineering.
Tutoring sessions are designed to meet students' individual questions and needs but the tutors do not provide direct answers for homework/exams. The Peer Tutors are undergraduate students who have excelled in the course in which they tutor and have been trained to facilitate discussions on course content, as well as study habits.
Tutoring sessions are held in McDermott Library (MC) 1.310. General and Organic Chemistry tutoring is available by drop-in and appointments. Come visit us in our new open chemistry tutoring lab! All other subjects are appointment-only. Please book an appointment in SSC onDemand !
Please see the schedule below for the times of the tutoring sessions.
Tutoring Appointment Policies:
- Students may schedule one appointment per week per subject
- Appointments must be scheduled at least 24 hours in advance in "SSC onDemand".
- Students with tutoring appointments have 15 minutes to arrive for their appointment. If they do not arrive within 15 minutes of their appointment’s scheduled start time, they will be considered a No Show
- No Show penalties
- 1st offense – warning email from manager
- 2nd offense – temporary suspension of appointment-making privileges until the student meets with the manager to clarify policy
- 3rd offense – revocation of appointment-making privileges for the rest of the semester
- Students should cancel within 24 hours of their appointment’s scheduled start time in "SSC onDemand"
- When 24 hour advance notice is not possible, student must cancel at least three hours prior to the start of their appointment by calling 972-883-5487
- Appointments cancelled within three hours of the appointment’s scheduled start time (or within 15 minutes after the appointment has already started) are considered Late Cancellations
- 3 late cancellations equal one No Show
Peer Tutors Schedules
Fall Tutoring Begins Aug. 31 in these Subjects
- We offer tutoring for the following Biochemistry courses:
- BIOL/CHEM 3361 – Biochemistry I
- BIOL/CHEM 3362 - Biochemistry II
- We offer tutoring for the following Genetics course:
- BIOL 3301 – Classical and Molecular Genetics
- We offer tutoring for the following General Chemistry courses:
- CHEM 1311 – General Chemistry I
- CHEM 1312 – General Chemistry II
- We offer tutoring for the following engineering courses:
- ENGR 3300 – Advanced Engineering Math
- MECH 2310 – Statics
- MECH 2320 – Mechanics of Materials
- MECH 2330 – Dynamics
- We offer tutoring for the following neuroscience courses:
- NSC 3361 – Behavioral Neuroscience
- NSC 4352 – Cellular Neuroscience
- We offer tutoring for the following organic chemistry courses:
- CHEM 2323 – Organic Chemistry I
- CHEM 2325 – Organic Chemistry II