Welcome to the Testing Center
The UT Dallas Testing Center is committed to providing high quality support services to our students and faculty. We provide students access to a comfortable, secure test environment designed to facilitate their educational goals.
The Testing Center, is located in the basement of the McDermott Library. It is a technologically advanced computer lab with 158 computers supporting an array of courses for online exams, quizzes, and tests.
Testing Center Policies
- Exams, tests, quizzes are submitted to the Testing Center by the UT Dallas faculty members only.
- A Comet Card is required.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the Testing Center.
- Electronic devices, cell phones, and all personal items, i.e. hats, coats, jackets, etc. are not permitted in the Testing Center. Lockers are available (for Testing Center purposes only).
- Faculty approved calculators are allowed for specific tests. All calculators will be examined before testing has started.
- Open book/open note testing is only permitted for faculty approved tests.
- Once a test has started, the Testing Center will not allow students to leave the room for any reason until the test is finished.
- No talking is allowed in the Testing Center.
- The Testing Center will lock the doors 30 minutes prior to closing. Therefore no new tests or passwords will be administered after the doors are locked.
- No children are allowed in the Testing Center.
>> NOTICE <<
The Testing Centeris closed for renovation...
is tentatively scheduled for the week of July 8th.
Please check our website for continuous updates.
Available during the summer on request
Hours of Operation
Monday - Wednesday
9am — 10pm
Thursday 8am — 10pm
10am — 2pm
Closed on Sunday
© 2013 University of Texas at Dallas | Student Success Center | 800 West Campbell Road, Richardson, TX 75080 | 972-883-6707