Maintaining good personal hygiene helps fight infection by removing substances that allow bacteria to grow on the surface of your skin. Personal hygiene can include health practices such as bathing, washing your hair, washing your hands, and washing your clothes. It is important to bathe or shower everyday with soap because it helps remove dirt, dead skin cells, and body odor. Here are some bathing/hygiene products you should keep on hand:
- Bath towels and washcloths
- Bathing products — Soap/Bath Gel. Soap sticks to the oils and dirt on your skin to help remove them and lessen the chances for bacteria growth.
- Hair care products — Shampoo helps remove oils from your hair and head
- Hand sanitizer
- Dental care products — Purchase a new toothbrush every three months. Taking good care of your mouth and teeth ensures healthy teeth and eliminates bacteria in your mouth that can cause bad breath.
- Feminine hygiene products
- Shaving supplies