Summer Camp Experience Scholarship
The UT Dallas Department of Community Engagement is pleased to offer scholarships for youth interested in attending summer camps at the university. The summer scholarship program is available to students who can demonstrate financial need. The UT Dallas Summer Camp Experience program was established to assist young people with the desire to attend a summer camp at the university but whose families have limited financial resources.
Requests for scholarships will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis and priority consideration will be given to applicants from the Department of Community Engagement Go Center schools, tour groups, and students in grades 6-12. Students are limited to one scholarship per summer. Students who are given scholarships, but do not attend their summer camp will be ineligible for future summer camp scholarships and may be required to pay a $75 cancellation fee.
Due to NCAA regulations, the scholarship is not available for students in grades 9-12 attending athletic camps.
Scholarship Eligibility Guidelines
The student must:
- have limited financial resources or demonstrated financial need.
- demonstrate academic merit and/or a desire to attend a summer camp at UT Dallas.
- have access to reliable transportation for each day of the summer camp.
- be able to attend the entire camp.
- note camp preferences on the application. Please note dates, times, and age requirements when making a selection. At least one choice is required.
- register for the preferred camp and contact the camp organizer of the pending scholarship application for the Summer Camp Experience Scholarship.
The 2013 Summer Camp Scholarship Application is closed. Please check back in Spring 2014 for details about additional scholarship opportunities.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship is Tuesday, April 30, 2013. Applications must be received in the Department of Community Engagement Office by this date. No late applications will be accepted. Applications can be submitted by one of the following methods:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Fax: (972) 883-2440
- Mail: UT Dallas Department of Community Engagement
800 West Campbell Rd. HH26
Richardson, TX 75080