Spring 2015 Transfer Orientation
Date: Thursday, January 8th
Location: Student Union Galaxy Rooms(SU2.602)
This orientation is for undergraduate transfer students admitted for Spring 2015.
Cost: $30/student and $15/guest*
*Students are limited to one guest
Orientation registration is now closed. If you have any questions, please contact us at 972-883-6171 or 972-883-6147. As a reminder, our office will be closed Friday, December 19th at 5:00pm, and will re-open Monday, January 5th at 8:00am. If you are a new student, please refer to this website for guidance after admission.
Academic Advising and Class Registration
All new UT Dallas students are required to meet with an academic advisor in order to register for classes. Students can register for classes after they are admitted to UT Dallas and all holds are removed. Spring 2015 class registration begins Monday, October 27. Students should meet with an academic advisor and register for classes before attending transfer orientation.
The following websites will help you set up an academic advising appointment:
- Arts & Performance, Historical Studies, Literary Studies
- Arts and Technology Academic Advising Appointments
- Emerging Media and Communications Academic Advising Appointments
- Erik Jonsson School of Engineering and Computer Science Academic Advising Appointments
- Naveen Jindal School of Management Academic Advising
- School of Brain and Behavioral Sciences Academic Advising Appointments
- School of Economic, Political and Policy Sciences Academic Advising Appointments
- School of Interdisciplinary Studies
- School of Natural Science and Mathematics Academic Advising Appointments
- Undeclared Academic Advising Appointments
Holds on your account may prevent you from registering for classes. New UT Dallas students have a hold to meet with their academic advisor prior to registering for classes for the first time. Additional holds with other departments could also prevent you from registering. For details about remaining holds, check your student account at galaxy.utdallas.edu.
Examples of new transfer student holds:
- Application Fee — contact Admission and Enrollment Services.
- TSI — contact your academic advisor. Students may need to turn in additional documents to Admission and Enrollment Services, but your academic advisor will determine if you are eligible for a TSI hold removal.
- Cannot Register Online — contact your academic advisor.
- Bacterial Meningitis — contact the Registrar.
- Int'l Hold: ISSO — contact the International Student Services Office.
- TB Test — contact the Student Health Center.
Financial Aid cannot process an award until you are admitted to UT Dallas. It is recommended for you to submit the FAFSA and all paperwork at least two weeks before the deadline. For more information, contact your Financial Aid counselor.
Spring 2015 new student financial aid priority processing deadline is Wednesday, October 15.
View the Fall 2014 Transfer Orientation Slideshow (PDF, 70MB).