Tau Sigma National Honor Society
About Tau Sigma
Tau Sigma National Honor Society, an academic honor society for transfer students, was formally installed on campus and inducted 93 members at its inauguration in April 2009. There are currently 424 members in UT Dallas' Beta Rho Chapter.
Tau Sigma recognizes the academic excellence of transfer students, while encouraging and promoting involvement in the University community, especially in activities that assist other transfer students in making a successful transition.
Students are invited to join this organization after completing one semester (12 semester credit hours or more) at UT Dallas and earning at least a 3.5 UT Dallas GPA. Invitations are typically mailed in February. For more information, visit the Tau Sigma National Honor Society website.
Congratulations Domonic!We are very excited to announce Domonic Ayala is the recipient of a $1,500 scholarship from Tau Sigma National Honor Society. Domonic is one of thirty four scholarship winners nationwide. He is the only recipient at a Texas university!
Members are you interested in being nominated for the spring 2014 scholarship? We encourage you to volunteer at Tau Sigma events, help organize meetings or workshops, and/or represent Tau Sigma as a volunteer at Transfer Orientation.
Tau Sigma Officers 2012-2013
Atisha Kika Bhagwagar
Senior, Business Administration
Junior, Arts & Technology
Transfer Orientation Volunteers – May 21, July 1 and August 19
Represent Tau Sigma as a Transfer Orientation Volunteer! Volunteering at orientation allows Tau Sigma members to fulfill their mission to help other transfer students transition successfully to UT Dallas. Please contact the Tau Sigma advisor, Kellie Hanford, for volunteer information at Kellie@UTdallas.edu or 972-883-6147.
Tau Sigma Membership
UT Dallas students are eligible for Tau Sigma membership if they meet the criteria listed below. Please note the 2013 membership deadline has passed.
Students admitted to UT Dallas for the first time (undergraduate, degree seeking students) in spring 2013, summer 2013 and/or fall 2013 who meet the below criteria will receive invitations for membership in February 2014.
UT Dallas students are eligible for Tau Sigma membership if they meet the following criteria:
- You must transfer to a four year institution of higher learning from another academic institution with at least one full year's academic credits satisfied at the prior institution(s).
- You must be registered in a course of study leading to a bachelor's degree for an amount of work equal to an average full load. (Only credit hours that count toward a bachelor's degree can be used to determine Tau Sigma eligibility).
- Membership in the Organization shall be based upon superior academic achievement by students during their first term at UT Dallas.
- The minimum academic average required for membership is a 3.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Students must complete the required application and pay a membership fee on time. Students are invited to join Tau Sigma one time. Students who miss the deadline are not eligible to join at a later date.