Tuition Promise Overview
To qualify students must:
- Be admitted by March 15 to UT Dallas for the fall semester as first-time freshmen.
- Submit the completed FAFSA application with supporting documents to the Office of Financial Aid by March 15.
- Be eligible for Federal Pell Grants.
- Have family incomes of $25,000 or less.
- Be enrolled as full-time students at UT Dallas.
- Be Texas residents.
- Only tuition and mandatory fees for the fall and spring terms are covered. Summer is not.
- Students must complete at least 30 credit hours between the fall and spring semesters with 2.5 term and cumulative GPAs.
The UT Dallas Tuition Promise dedicates resources to cover tuition and mandatory fees for newly enrolling students whose families annually earn $25,000 or less and meet other qualifications.
The Tuition Promise applies to new and full-time undergraduate students who are Texas residents. To be eligible, students must be admitted to the University as first-time college freshmen for the fall semester and have turned in all financial aid forms with supporting documents by March 15.
To benefit from the plan, students must be eligible to receive Federal Pell Grants
and their families’ annual incomes may not exceed $25,000. Students must also be enrolled full time.
To remain eligible for the program, students must complete 30 credit hours each year between the fall and spring semesters with minimum 2.5 term and cumulative grade point averages; they must also continue to meet income and Pell Grant eligibility requirements. Students must reapply for the program each year by the March 15 priority deadline. The Promise will be in effect for four years or until a student graduates, whichever comes first. The Promise will pay only for classes taken in the fall and spring semesters.
Students must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and related documents by March 15, the University’s current priority deadline. They must also be fully admitted to the University by that date.
For More Information
Please contact the UT Dallas Office of Financial Aid at 972-883-2941 or the Office of Admission and Enrollment at 972-883-2270.