Tuition Promise Overview
To qualify students must:
- Be admitted to UT Dallas for the fall semester by March 31 as a first time freshman
- Complete the FAFSA application with supporting documents submitted to the Office of Financial Aid by March 31
- Be eligible for a Federal Pell Grant
- Have a family income of $25,000 or less
- Be enrolled as a full-time student at UT Dallas
- Be a Texas resident
- Only tuition and mandatory fees for the Fall and Spring terms are covered. Summer is not.
- Students must complete at least 30 credit hours between the fall and spring semesters with a 2.5 term and cumulative GPA.
The UT Dallas Tuition Promise dedicates resources to cover the tuition and mandatory fees for newly enrolling students whose families earn $25,000 or less annually and meet other qualifications.
The Tuition Promise applies to new and full-time undergraduate students who are Texas residents. To be eligible, students must be admitted to the University as a first time college freshman for the fall semester and have turned in all financial aid forms with supporting documents by March 31.
To benefit from the plan, students must be eligible to receive federal Pell grants and the annual family income of their families may not exceed $25,000. Students must be full-time — taking 12 semester credit hours of classes or more at UT Dallas.
To remain eligible for the program, students must complete 30 credit hours between the fall and spring semesters each year with a minimum 2.5 term and cumulative grade point average and must continue to meet income and grant eligibility requirements. Students must reapply for the program each year by the deadline. The Promise will be effective for four years or until a student graduates, whichever comes first. The Promise will only pay for classes taken in the fall and spring semesters.
To apply, students must submit a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and related documents by March 31, the university's current deadline for financial aid. They must be fully admitted to the university by that date as well.