Housed in the Department of Science and Mathematics Education within the School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics,the UTeach Dallas program has begun educating the next generation of highly-qualified secondary science, mathematics and computer science teachers at UT Dallas. UTeach started in 2008 at UT Dallas and is proud to have had its first class of graduating teachers head into schools for Fall 2011. Find us in Founders North 3.410. Find us on the campus map here.
UTeach started at The University of Texas at Austin in 1997 as a new way to prepare secondary science and math teachers. It is now being replicated across the country. UTeach has now been replicated at 44 universities in 21 states across the country as of spring 2015.
We invite everyone to explore these pages. Find more information about UTeach Dallas, our programs, and how you can help.
Try Out Teaching!
Sign up for the one-hour course, Step 1: Inquiry Approaches to Teaching to try out teaching. We offer a partial tuition rebate!
- Observe science or math classes at a local school.
- Learn about excellent inquiry-based science, mathematics, and engineering instruction.
- Design and teach three lessons at the school during the semester.
One Degree = Two Career Options
In Step 1, you have the opportunity to explore the profession of teaching in STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) with only a little time and minimal financial commitment.
If you like it, you can continue in the UTeach Dallas program, where you can complete a degree in a STEM field and earn a secondary teaching certification.
You’ll be prepared to teach, and you’ll also be prepared to enter graduate school or work in STEM fields.
It’s two career options for the price of one.
1. Create an Organization Devoted to Preparing Teachers
2. Develop Institutional Support
3. Attract and Retain Students
4. Create an Instructional Program
5. Provide First-rate Instruction
6. Strive for Continuous Program Improvement