UTeach graduates from all UTeach programs across the state are serviced by their closest UTeach Induction coordinator. We are proud to have the first North Texas Metroplex Regional Induction coordinator housed at UTeach Dallas at UT Dallas. Induction from UTD works closely with Teach North Texas Induction. Induction workshops are held approximately once a month for all graduates of UTeach in the North Texas Metroplex area. Below is the link to the current schedule.
Provide personalized support and resources to UTeach graduates for the first two years in the field.
1. Increase retention of UTeach graduates in the classroom
2. Increase student achievement in new teachers’ classrooms.
3. Move new teachers along a continuum from novice to expert teachers.
YOU choose the services you would like.
- Planning lessons
- Strengthening content and delivery
- Using effective classroom management and procedures
- Observing model lessons taught in your classroom
- Setting up your classroom
- Using technology in the classroom
- Resources delivered and returned
- Using feedback from student work to inform instruction
- Applying principles of learning
- Implementing C.H.A.M.P.S.
- Navigating in a new school district and/or campus
- Responding to the unique needs of students
- Consulting with a Master Teacher
- Writing grants
- Applying for professional development opportunities
- Guidance in winning awards
UTeach Regional Induction Coordinator