Mentor teachers partner with each UTeach Dallas student beginning in Step 1, their first teaching experience in upper elementary. Mentor teachers give feedback, encouragement, and advice. They also donate their class time to allow UTeachers to present lessons developed in class to their students. This continues for middle school in Step 2. High school experiences are provided in both Classroom Interactions and Project Based Instruction. With over 350 students in multiple UTeach Dallas courses, the program relies very heavily on the partnerships it has created with our cooperating teachers.
Interested in Becoming a Mentor Teacher with UTeach Dallas?
Learn more by reading our mentor descriptions below.
- Step 1 – Our first UTeach Dallas course- trial teaching at elementary level
- Step 2 – Our second course- trial teaching at the middle school level.
- Classroom Interactions – Our first high school level course
- Project Based Instruction
Current ISD Mentor Teachers,
Thanks for all you do for our UTeach Dallas Students! We couldn’t do it without your support!
Mentor Feedback Forms are listed by course below.
Please see emails for the current calendars.
Project Based Instruction
- Mentor Teacher Feedback Form (ATTACH)
Apprentice Teacher Mentors please see the Apprentice Teachers page.
Questions? Contact Katie Donaldson