UTeach Dallas is pleased to announce the 2011 – 2013 TEAMS Scholars program. UTeach Dallas students within two years of completing certification are eligible to apply. The 30 selected students will receive:
- Annual scholarships for participation at a minimum of $250/full semester,
- Paid internship opportunities promoting STEM majors and STEM teaching, including ongoing outreach programs already at UT Dallas, and
- Mentoring by experienced teachers who are seeking graduate degrees in Science/Mathematics Education.
Conditions of participation are participation in the mentoring program and biweekly meetings with mentors as part of the TEAMS Academy seminar series. Meetings are likely to be in early evening and student class schedules will be taken into account.
To apply please send an essay of one page or less indicating your interest to the SME secretary, Mary Ann Snedecor (firstname.lastname@example.org), with the following information:
- Class status (junior, senior, etc.)
- Future plans to teach, including certification sought
- Interest in educational outreach to secondary students
- How a mentor could be valuable to you, as a future teacher
Application essays may also be turned in as hard copies in the SME office during Mary Ann’s afternoon working hours. Applications will be accepted until November 11th or until positions are filled, whichever is later. You may be a TEAMS scholar and participate in other UTeach Dallas scholarship and internship programs.