service and selected talks
- Guest Editor, IEEE Wireless Communications. Special Issue on Smart Grids. April, 2017.
- Guest Editor, IEEE Design & Test. Special Issue on Cyber-Physical Systems Security and Privacy, 2017.
- Guest Editor, IEEE Internet Computing. Special Issue on Cyber-Physical Security and Privacy. Sept./Oct. 2016.
- Editorial Board. Cyber-Physical Systems. Taylor & Francis.
- Editorial Board. Digital Threats: Research and Practice (DTRAP). ACM.
- 6th Annual Symposium and Bootcamp for Hot Topics on Science of Security HoTSoS 2019
April 2019. USA.
- 1st and 2nd ACM Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems Security and PrivaCy CPS-SPC 2015 and CPS-SPC 2016.
- 4th and 5th ACM Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and security AISec 2011 and AISec 2012.
- 3rd IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications. Smart Grid Cyber Security Symposia. IEEE SmartGridComm 2012.
- Treasurer for the 39 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. IEEE S&P 2019.
- Treasurer for the 24th ACM Conference on Computer and Communications Security. ACM CCS 2017.
- Student Travel Chair for the 35-38 IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. IEEE S&P 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017.
- Donations Chair for the 34th IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy. IEEE S&P 2013.
Selected Program Committee Membership
- Financial Cryptography and Data Security. FC 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019.
- International Conference on Applied Cryptography and Network Security ACNS 2013, 2019.
- IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium. RTAS 2019.
- 23rd European Symposium on Research in Computer Security ESORICS 2018.
- ACM Computer and Communications Security CCS 2013, 2017.
- Symposium and Bootcamp for Hot Topics in the Science of Security. HoTSoS 2017.
- ACM/IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems. ICCPS 2015, 2016.
- IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium. CPS track. RTSS 2016.
- IEEE International Conference on Communications: Communication and Information System Security Symposium. ICC 2015, 2016.
- IEEE Global Communications Conference: Communications & Information System Security. Globecom 2016.
- IEEE International Conference on Smart Grid Communications IEEE SmartGridComm 2014, 2015, 2016.
- ACM Cyber-Physical System Security Workshop. CPSS 2015, 2016, 2017.
- ACM Workshop on Artificial Intelligence and Security. AISec 2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- Conference on Decision and Game Theory for Security GameSec 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016.
- ACM Symposium on Information, Computer and Communications Security ASIACCS 2009, 2014.
- International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence IJCAI 2013.
- Conference on High Confidence Networked Systems HiCoNS 2012, 2013, 2014.
- First Workshop on Secure Control Systems. SCS 2010.
- DHS Workshop on Future Directions in Cyber-physical Systems Security. CPSSW 2009.
Selected Talks and Panel Participation
- Research Panel. 3rd GREPSEC: Underrepresented Groups in Security Research Workshop. May 20-21, 2017
- Privacy in the Age of the Internet of Things BoF. ACM Richard Tapia Celebration of Diversity in Computing. September 14-17, 2016.
- CPS Privacy Panelist. NIST Workshop on Exploring the Dimensions of Trustworthiness: Challenges and Opportunities. August 30-31, 2016.
- Deep-Packet Inspection for Industrial Control Networks. Honeynet Project Workshop. May 9-11, 2016.
- Monitoring the Physics of ICS to Detect Attacks. S4 ICS Security Conference. January 12-14, 2016.
- Using the Physics of Cyber-Physical Systems for Security and Privacy. Singapore University of Technology and Design. June 25, 2015.
- Towards Resilient Control of Cyber-Physical Systems. Chalmers University of Technology. June 5, 2015.
- Towards Resilient Control of Cyber-Physical Systems. Texas A&M University, Computer Science and Engineering Seminar. November 19, 2014.
- Towards Resilient Control of Critical Infrastructures. Schloss Dagstuhl Seminar 14292. Network Attack Detection and Defense: Securing Industrial Control Systems for Critical Infrastructures. July 14-16, 2014.
- Big Data Analytics for Security. IEEE Computer Society Leading Professional Webinar Series. April 29, 2014.
- Keynote Speaker for the 3rd ACM International Conference on High Confidence Networked Systems (HiCoNS). April 15-17, 2014.
- NIST Roadmapping Workshop Measurement of Security Technology Performance Impacts for Industrial Control Systems. December 4-5, 2013.
- Security of Cyber-Physical Systems SMU CSE Colloqia, November 13, 2013
- Big Data Analytics and Security Intelligence. NIST Cloud Security Working Group. April 10, 2013.
- Big Data Analytics in Smart Grid Applications. Panel: Smart Grid and the Cloud. Fourth IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference (ISGT). February 26, 2013.
- Short and Long-Term Research Challenges for Protecting Critical Infrastructure Systems. Symantec Research Seminar. December 18, 2012.
- Short and Long-Term Research Challenges for Protecting Critical Infrastructure Systems. Plenary talk. Schloss Dagstuhl Seminar 12502. Securing Critical Infrastructures from Targeted Attacks. December 9-12, 2012.
- Evaluating Classifiers in Adversarial Environments: A Case Example with Smart Grid Data. Schloss Dagstuhl Seminar 12371. Perspectives Workshop: Machine Learning Methods for Computer Security. September 9-14, 2012.
- Big Data Analytics and Security, Fifth NIST Cloud Computing Forum and Workshop. June 7, 2012
- Smart Grid Security and Privacy, a Case Example in AMI Networks. TRUST Seminar Series at the University of California Berkeley. October 6, 2011.
- Secure Control: Towards Survivable Cyber-Physical Systems DHS Security Science and the Americas Colloquium. Part of DHS International Cooperative Programs Office. November 4, 2009.
- A Systems-Theoretic Approach for Securing Cyber-Physical Systems ARO Workshop on Cyber-Physical Systems Security. August 26-27, 2009.
- Statistical Models for Intrusion Detection. Carnegie Mellon University. April 30, 2009.