Honors and Awards
- Runner-up Award for Best Conference Paper, Thirty-fifth International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Auckland, December 2014.
- Winner of the CIONET European Research Paper of the Year Award, 2013. Selected based on papers published in MIS Quarterly and ISR by the CIONET, the Association of European CIOs and IT leaders.
- Nominated for Best Paper Award, INFORMS Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST), Phoenix, October 2012.
- Nominated for Best Paper Award, International Conference on Information Systems (ICIS), Milwaukee, December 2006.
- Nominated for Best Paper Award, INFORMS Conference on Information Systems and Technology (CIST), Denver, October 2004.
- Recipient of the Abell-Hanger Endowed Presidential Research Scholarship, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX, 1993-94.
- Recipient of the DuPont Ph.D. Scholarship, The University of Texas at Austin, 1992, 1993.
- Member of the Omega Rho Honor Society for Operations Research, INFORMS, 1992 -.
My current research focuses on the measurement of information technology-driven productivity improvements in the healthcare sector. Specifically, my work seeks to evaluate the impact of health IT initiatives on the cost and quality of healthcare delivery. I have served as Principal Investigator of three research grants.
- "A Predictive Model for Patient Readmissions in North Texas" funded by the UT Southwestern Medical Center. Grant funding supported one post-doctoral research associate. Phase 1 Award: $25,000 from November 2010 - October 2011, Contract # 34456001. Phase 2 Award: $20,000 from November 2011 - June 2012, Contract # 34456002.
- Principal Investigator, "Modeling the Impact of Patient Migration on Duplicate Testing for Congestive Heart Failure Patients" Funding Organization: The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. Award: $25,000 from January - December 2013. Contract #: 34056002.
- Research grant funded by the National Institute of Health's Clinical and Translational Scientific Award (CTSA) program through UTSW Medical Center. Length of award: 9 months (Sep. 2008 - May 2009). Award Amount $41,619. Contract # 34456001.