Next: Groundwater Flow and Quality
Up: Field Tasks
Previous: Field Tasks
In the first day's lab we
will evaluate the water balance of the Heard Museum, and assess
water quality differences between the major surface water bodies
(Wilson Creek and wetlands).
- Surface water balance
- evaluate stream flow using ``Stream Gauging'',
- learn gauging along Wood Duck Trail boardwalk
(Fig. 1.1) and Bullfrog Pond discharge
- obtain discharge for ``Canoe Trail'' (discharge of Wetlands)
and ``Railroad Bridge'' (Wilson Creek inflow to Museum)
- assess evaporation from wetlands, Chp. 5
- Wetlands and water quality
- obtain samples from Wetlands, Bullfrog Pond and Wilson Creek
- determine basic water chemistry (Chp. 4
Heard Museum sample
locations. Golf course is about 1/2 mile wide, north is up.
GEOS 3110 Professor's Notes, Summer 2007
Dr. T. Brikowski, U. Texas-Dallas. All rights reserved.