I am a computer science researcher and a technology management professional with over 15 years of industry experience in the Fortune 500 enterprise.
I am currently a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Computer Science at The University of Texas at Dallas.
I earned my Ph.D. from UT Dallas.
I did my graduate research at the Human Language Technology Research Institute
Department of Computer Science.
My research advisor was
Professor Dan Moldovan.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (972) 883-3574
Office: ECSS 4.603
Spring 2018 Office Hours
Mon 11:30AM - 12:30PM
Tue 10:00AM - 11:00AM
Or by appointment
Spring 2018 Courses
- CS-6360 Database Design
- CS-4337 Organization of Programming Languages
Spring 2018 Research Advising
- CS-6v81 Graduate Research / Independent Study
- CS-4v98 Undergraduate Research
- Assistive and Adaptive Technologies
- Computational Linguistics
- Computational Semantics
- Computational linguistics of languages with sparse resources
- In particular, Persian and other Indo-Iranian languages
- Machine Translation
- Computational Reasoning and Inference
- Chris Irwin Davis. 2012. Tajik-Farsi Persian Transliteration Using Statistical Machine Translation. In Proceedings of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC) 2012. Istanbul, Turkey.
- Chris Irwin Davis. 2011. A Framework for Representing Event Semantics in Modern Persian. Ph.D. Dissertation. University of Texas at Dallas.
- Chris Irwin Davis. 2010. A Framework for Representing Event Semantics of Verb Word Senses. In Proceedings of Interdisciplinary Workshop on Verbs 2010. Pisa, Italy.
- Chris Irwin Davis and Dan Moldovan. 2010. Feasibility of Boostrapping a Persian WordNet. In Proceedings of Language Resources and Evaluation Conference (LREC) 2010. Valletta, Malta.
- M. Olteanu, C. Davis, I. Volosen, and D. Moldovan. 2006. Phramer - an open source statistical phrase-based translator. In Proceedings on the Workshop on Statistical Machine Translation, pages 146-149, New York City, June 2006. Association for Computational Linguistics. [pdf]