Research Assistant (RA) positions available for self-motivated PhD students. I am particularly interested in working with both 'provers' and 'hackers' (i.e., strong theory-inclined students and strong systems students). If you are interested in my research and working with me, please include some samples of your work (e.g., major projects, open source contributions, etc.) when contacting me directly (note: it is highly recommended that you read some of my recent papers to get some understanding of my research first).
For current UTD students who are interested in working with me, please stop by my office so that we can discuss and see if there is a good match.
A full list of my publications is available here.
- [RTSS] Liang He, Lipeng Gu, Linghe Kong, Yu Gu, Cong Liu and Tian He. Exploring Adpative Reconfigration to Optimize Energy Efficiency in Large Battery Systems, Proceedings of the 34th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium (RTSS), 2013
- [JSA] Cong Liu and James Anderson. Supporting Soft Real-Time Parallel Applications on Multiprocessors, Journal of Systems Architecture, to appear, 2013
- [ECRTS] Cong Liu and James Anderson. Suspension-Aware Analysis for Hard Real-Time Multiprocessor Scheduling, Proceedings of the 25th EuroMicro Conference on Real-Time Systems (ECRTS), 2013
- [RTSS] Cong Liu and James Anderson. An O(m) Analysis Technique for Supporting Real-Time Self-Suspending Task Systems, Proceedings of the 33th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, 2012 [PDF]
- [PACT] Cong Liu, Jian Li, Wei Huang, Juan Rubio, Evan Speight, and Xiaozhu Lin. Power-Efficient Time-Sensitive Mapping in CPU/GPU Heterogeneous Systems, Proceedings of the 21st International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques, 2012 [PDF]
- [RTCSA Best Papers] Cong Liu and James Anderson. Supporting Soft Real-Time Parallel Applications on Multicore Processors, Proceedings of the 18th IEEE International Conference on Embedded and Real-Time Computing Systems and Applications, 2012 [PDF ]. Invited for a special issue (Best Papers of RTCSA'12) of the Journal of Systems Architecture: Embedded Software Design
- [RTSOPS] Cong Liu. The Real-Time Multi-Resource Task Model, Proceedings of the 3rd Intl. Real-Time Scheduling Open Problems Seminar, 2012 [PDF]
- [RTSS] Cong Liu and James Anderson. Supporting Soft Real-Time DAG-based Systems on Multiprocessors with No Utilization Loss, Proceedings of the 31st IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, pp. 3-13, December 2010. [PDF]
- [RTAS] Cong Liu and James Anderson. Scheduling Suspendable, Pipelined Tasks with Non-Preemptive Sections in Soft Real-Time Multiprocessor Systems, Proceedings of the 16th IEEE Real-Time and Embedded Technology and Applications Symposium , pp. 23-32, April 2010. [PDF]
- [RTSS Best Student Paper] Cong Liu and James Anderson. Task Scheduling with Self-Suspensions in Soft Real-Time Multiprocessor Systems, Proceedings of the 30th IEEE Real-Time Systems Symposium, pp.425-436, December 2009. [PDF] [Winner: Best Student Paper Award]
- [ECRTS] Cong Liu and James Anderson. Supporting Pipelines in Soft Real-Time Multiprocessor Systems, Proceedings of the 21th Euromicro Conference on Real-Time Systems, pp. 269-278, July 2009. [PDF]
- [JPDC] Cong Liu and Sanjeev Baskiyar. A General Distributed Scalable Grid Scheduler for Independent Tasks, Journal of Parallel and Distributed Computing, vol. 69, no. 3, pp. 307-314, March 2009. [PDF]
- [WoWMoM] Shuang Li, Raghu Neelisetti, Cong Liu , and Alvin Lim. Delay-Constrained Highest Throughput Protocol for Multi-Path Transmission over Wireless Multimedia Sensor Networks, Proceedings of the 9th IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks, pp. 1-8, June 2008. [PDF]
- [HiPC] Cong Liu, Sanjeev Baskiyar, and Shuang Li. A General Distributed Scalable Peer to Peer Scheduler for Mixed Tasks in Grids, Proceedings of the 14th IEEE International Conference on High Performance Computing, pp. 320-330, Nov. 2007. [PDF]