- PhD in Electrical and Computer Engineering, Cornell University, Ithaca - NY, US, 2008
- MSc in Space Sciences, Instituto Nacional de Pesquisas Espaciais - INPE, Brazil, 2003
- BSc in Electrical Engineering, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria - UFSM, Brazil, 2001
- Assistant Professor, The University of Texas at Dallas, June 2012 - current.
- Research Engineer, ASTRA, Boulder, CO, June 2008 - June 2012
- Research Associate, The University of Nottingham, Nottingham, UK, February-August 2003.
- Ionospheric irregularities
- Ionospheric electrodynamics
- Upper atmospheric studies using incoherent backscatter radars
- Ionospheric studies using GPS signals and coherent backscatter radars
- Effects of ionospheric irregularities on GNSS
- Numerical simulation studies of the thermosphere/ionosphere using TIE-GCM
- See Publications
- Reviewer for Journal of Geophysical Research: Space Physics, Geophysical Research Letters, Radio Science, Journal of Atmospheric and Solar-Terrestrial Physics, Annales Geophysicae, and Advances in Space Research.
- Scientific reviewer and/or committee member for NSF, NASA and AFOSR.
- Member of the Annual Review Committee for a major NSF
- Member of the Users Committee for a major NSF facility.