Dr. Jinbin Liu (Postdoc)
Dr. Shengyang Yang (Postdoc)
Dr. Jing Yu (Postdoc)
Dr. Zhanghua Zeng (Postdoc)
Ms. Jennifer Chilek (Graduate)
Dr. Chen Zhou (Graduate)
Dr. Shasha Sun (Graduate)
Dr. Rodrigo Vinluan III (Graduate)
Ms. Jessica Jacobe (Graduate)
Ms. Sheby Alexander (Undergraduate)
Mr. Chris Alameddin (Undergraduate)
Mr. Michael Anyirah (Undergraduate)
Mr. Sishan Chen (Undergraduate)
Mr. Giovanni Contello (Undergraduate)
Mr. Andrew Dean (Undergraduate)
Ms. Melissa Gannaway (Undergraduate)
Ms. Julia Hankins (Undergraduate)
Ms. Grace Kong (Undergraduate)
Mr. Stephen McMahon (Undergraduate)
Mr. Husain Mogri (Undergraduate)
Mr. Ali Mozayan (Undergraduate)
Mr. Justin Sullins (Undergraduate)
Mr. Joel Taylor (Undergraduate)
Mr. Jonathan Wang (Undergraduate)
Ms. Chelsea Carson (High School)
Ms. Karen Chen (High School)
Ms. Clare Jensen (High School)
Ms. Rebecca John (High School)
Ms. Amy Xia (High School)
Mr. Robert Yao (High School)
Current Position: Full professor of School of Chemistry and Chemical Engineering, South China University of Technology
Office: NSERL 2.440
BE26, The University of Texas at Dallas, 800 W Campbell Rd. Richardson, TX 75080
Ph.D. Department of chemistry,
M.S. Department of chemistry,
Magnetic Nanoparticles, Intracellular Labeling and Biosensing.
Honors and Awards
Best Poster in Bioimaging , Metroplex Day,
Metroplex Day, 2013.
1. J.B. Liu, P.N. Duchesne, M.X. Yu, X.Y. Jiang, X.H. Ning, P. Zhang, J. Zheng. “Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles with Size-independent Emissions”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2016, accepted.
2. M. X. Yu, J. B. Liu, X. H. Ning, J. Zheng*. “High-contrast Noninvasive Imaging of Kidney Clearance Kinetics Enabled by Renal Clearable Nanofluorophores”. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 54, 15434-15438 (2015).
3. S. Yang, S. Sun, C. Zhou, G. Hao, J. Liu, S. Ramezani, M. Yu, X. Sun, and J. Zheng. "Renal Clearance and Degradation of Glutathione-Coated Copper Nanoparticles", Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2015, DOI: 10.1021/acs.bioconjchem.5b00003.
4. R. Vinluan III, J. Liu, C. Zhou, M. Yu, S. Yang, A. Kumar, S. Sun, A. Dean, X. Sun, J. Zheng. "Glutathione-Coated Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles: A Surface Ligand for Minimizing Serum Protein Adsorption", ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2014, DOI:10.1021/am5031374.
5. S. Sun, C. Zhou, S. Chen, J.B. Liu, J. Yu, J. Chilek, L. Zhao, M.X. Yu, R. Vinluan, B. Huang, and J. Zheng, "Surface-Chemistry Effect on Cellular Response of Luminescent Plasmonic Silver Nanoparticles", Bioconjugate Chemistry, 2014, DOI: 10.1021/bc500008a.
6. J.B. Liu, M.X. Yu, X. Ning, C. Zhou, S.Y. Yang, and J. Zheng, "PEGylation and Zwitterionization: Pros and Cons in Renal Clearance and Tumor Targeting of Near-IR-Emitting Gold Nanoparticles", Angew. Chem. Int. Ed., 2013, DOI:10.1002/anie.201304465. (Highlighted as VIP)
7. J.B. Liu, M.X. Yu, C. Zhou, and J. Zheng, "Renal Clearable Inorganic Nanoparticles: A New Frontier of Bionanotechnology", Mater. Today, 2013, accepted.
8. J.B. Liu, M. Yu, C. Zhou, S. Yang, X. Ning, and J. Zheng, “Passive Tumor Targeting of Renal Clearable Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles: Long Tumor Retention and Fast Normal Tissue Clearance”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 135, 4978-4981 (2013).
.C. Zhou, S. Yang, J. Liu, M. Yu, and J. Zheng, “Luminescent Gold Nanoparticles: A New Class of Nanoprobes for Biomedical Imaging”, Exp. Bio. Med., 2013, accepted.
10. J.B. Liu, C. Zhou, M. Yu, J. Zheng, "", Sci. Adv. Mater., 4, 813-818 (2012).
11. J.B. Liu, S.H. Fu, B. Yuan, Y.L. Li and Z.X. Deng, “Toward a universal “adhesive nanosheet” for the assembly of multiple nanoparticles based on a protein-induced reduction/decoration of graphene oxide”, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 132, 7279–7281 (2010).
12. J.B. Liu, Y.L. Lin, Y.M. Li, J.H. Li and Z.X. Deng, “Noncovalent DNA decorations of graphene oxide and reduced graphene oxide toward water-soluble metal-carbon hybrid nanostructures via self-assembly”, J. Mater. Chem., 20, 900–906 (2010).
13. S. Yang, C. Zhou, J.B. Liu, M. Yu, J. Zheng, “One-step Interfacial Synthesis and Assembly of Fluorescent Ultrathin Au@Silica Membrane”, Adv. Mater., 24, 3218-3222 (2012).
14. Z.G. Chen, J.B. Liu and Y.L. Han, “Rapid and sensitive determination of proteins by enhanced resonance light scattering spectroscopy of sodium lauroyl glutamate”, Talanta, 71, 1246–1251 (2007).
15. Z.G. Chen, J.B. Liu, Y.L. Han and L. Zhu, “A novel histidine assay using tetraphenylporphyrin manganese (III) chloride as a molecular recognition probe by resonance light scattering technique”, Anal. Chim. Acta, 570, 109–115 (2006).
16. Z.G. Chen, J.B. Liu, Y.Z. Liang and F.L. Ren, “Use of sodium sauroyl sarcosinate in a high-sensitivity protein assay by resonance light scattering technique”, J. Biomol. Screen., 11, 400–406 (2006).
17. Z.G. Chen, J.B. Liu, X.M. Chen, T.Y. Zhang, Y.L. Han, “Resonance light scattering spectroscopy of beta-cyclodextrin-sodium dodecylsulfate-protein ternary system and its analytical applications”, Anal. Sci., 23, 1305–1310 (2007).
18. Z.G. Chen, J.B. Liu, L. Zhu, W.F. Ding, Y.L. Han, “Development of a sensitive and rapid nucleic acid assay with tetraphenyl porphyrinatoiron chloride by a resonance light scattering technique”, Luminescence, 22, 493–500 (2007).
19. Z.G. Chen, J.B. Liu, F.L. Ren and W.F. Ding, “Rapid and sensitive determination of nucleic acids by enhanced resonance light scattering spectroscopy of tetraphenyl porphyrin cobalt(II) chloride”, Instrum. Sci. Tech., 34, 273–287 (2006).