- Distribution Sytems and Retail.
Capacity and inventory management, transshipments, partially observed inventories, cargo overbooking, information security, forecasting.
Accepted / Published Journal Papers:
- 42. Inventory Management with Overlapping Shrinkages and Demands. (with A. Bensoussan, M. Li and S.P. Sethi).
To apeear in Risk and Decision Analysis.
- 41. Analysis of Product Rollover Strategies in the Presence of Strategic Customers. (C. Liang and S.P. Sethi).
Management Science. Vol.60, Iss.4, 2014: 1033-1056.
- 40. An Incomplete Inventory Information Model with Shrinkage and Observed Sales. (with A. Bensoussan, M. Li and S.P. Sethi).
Stochastics: An International Journal of Probability and Stochastic Processes. Vol.85, No.4, 2013: 589-603.
- 39. Optimal Transshipments and Reassignments under Periodic or Cyclic Holding Cost Accounting. (with N. Çömez and K.Stecke).
Journal of the Operational Research Society, Vol.64, 2013: 1517-1539.
- 38. In-Season Transshipments among Competitive Retailers. (with N. Çömez and K.Stecke).
Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Vol.14, No.2, 2012: 290-300.
- 37. Optimal overbooking limits for a two-dimensional cargo problem. (with L. Moussawi).
Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management, Vol.11, No.4, 2012: 453-476.
- 36. Average Cost Optimality in Inventory Models with Dynamic Information Delays. (with A. Bensoussan, S.P. Sethi, M. Wang and H. Zhang).
IEEE Transactions on Automatic Control, Vol.56, No.12, 2011: 2869-2882.
- 35. Multiple In-Cycle Transshipments with Positive Delivery Times. (with N. Çömez and K.Stecke).
Production and Operations Management, Vol.21, No2, 2012: 378-395.
- 34. Computation of Approximate Optimal Policies in a Partially Observed Inventory Model with Rain Checks. (with A. Bensoussan, S.P. Sethi and R. Shi).
Automatica, Vol.46, Iss.8, 2011: 1589-1604.
- 33. Contracting and Coordination under Asymmetric Production Cost Information. (with Q. Feng, X. Gan and S.P. Sethi).
Production and Operations Management, Vol.21, No2, 2012: 345-360.
- 32. Inventory Control with an Order-Time Constraint: Optimality, Uniqueness and Significance. (with A. Bensoussan and L. Moussawi).
Annals of Operations Research, Vol 181, 2010: 603-640.
- 31. A cost-based analysis of intrusion detection system configuration under active or passive response. (with W. Yue).
Decision Support Systems, Vol 50, 2010: 21-31.
- 30. An Incomplete Information Inventory Model with Presence of Inventories or Backorders as Only Observations. (with A. Bensoussan, S.P. Sethi and R. Shi).
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications. Vol.146, No.3, 2010: 544-580.
- 29. Meeting Correlated Spare Part Demands with Optimal Transshipments. (with N. Çömez and K.Stecke).
International Journal of Strategic Decision Sciences. Vol.1, No.2, 2010: 1-27.
- 28. Censored Newsvendor Model Revisited with Unnormalized Probabilities. (with A. Bensoussan and S.P. Sethi).
Journal of Industrial and Management Optimization, Vol.5, No.2, 2009: 391-402.
- 27. Optimal Ordering Policies for Stochastic Inventory Problems with Observed Information Delays. (with A. Bensoussan, Q. Feng and S.P. Sethi).
Production and Operations Management Vol.18, No.5, 2009: 546-559.
- 26. Partially observed inventory systems: The case of rain checks. (with A. Bensoussan, A. Minjarez-Sosa, S.P. Sethi and R. Shi).
SIAM Journal of Control and Optimization Vol.47, Iss.5, 2008: 2490-2519.
- 25. Bayesian and adaptive controls for a newsvendor facing exponential demand. (with A. Bensoussan, A. Royal and S.P. Sethi).
Risk and Decision Analysis Vol 1, No.4, 2009: 197-210.
- 24. The management of intrusion detection: configuration, inspection and investment. (with W. Yue and Y. Ryu).
European Journal of Operational Research Vol.195, No.1, 2009: 186-204.
- 23. A note on "the censored newsvendor and the optimal acquisition of information". (with A. Bensoussan and S.P. Sethi).
Operations Research Vol.57, No.3, 2009: 791-794.
- 22. Two-dimensional cargo overbooking models. (with S. Luo and R.G. Kasilingam).
Revenue Management and Dynamic Pricing Special issue of European Journal of Operational Research Vol.197, No.3, 2009: 862-883
- 21. Reverse bullwhip effect in pricing. (with E.C. Ozelkan).
European Journal of Operational Research Vol.192, 2009: 302-312.
- 20. Inventory problems with partially observed demands and lost sales. (with A. Bensoussan, A. Minjarez-Sosa, A. Royal and S.P. Sethi).
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications. Vol 136, No.3, 2008: 321-340.
- 19. Intrusion prevention in information systems: Reactive and proactive response. (with W. Yue).
Journal of Management Information Systems. Vol.24, No.1, 2007: 329-353.
- 18. Partially observed inventory systems: The case of zero balance walk. (with A. Bensoussan and S.P. Sethi).
SIAM Journal of Control and Optimization. Vol. 46 Iss. 1, 2007: 176-209.
- 17. Network externalities, layered protection and IT security risk management. (with W. Yue, Y. Ryu and D. Liu).
Decision Support Systems. Vol.44, No.1, 2007: 1-16.
- 16. Economic evaluation of systems that expedite inventory information . (with A. Bensoussan and S.P. Sethi).
Production and Operations Management. Vol.16, No.3, 2007: 360-368.
- 15. A multi-period newsvendor problem with partially observed demands. (with A. Bensoussan and S.P. Sethi).
Mathematics of Operations Research. Vol.32, No.2, 2007: 322-344.
- 14. Optimal ordering policies for inventory problems with dynamic information delays. (with A. Bensoussan and S.P. Sethi)
Production and Operations Management, Vol.16, No.2, 2007: 241-256. Earlier version here.
- 13. Resource downgrading. (with E. C. Ozelkan)
European Journal of Operational Research. Vol. 177, No.1, 2007: 572-590
- 12. Optimality of base stock and (s,S) policies for inventory problems with information delays. (with A. Bensoussan and S.P. Sethi)
Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Vol.130, No.2, August 2006: 153-172.
- 11. Test wafer management for semiconductor manufacturing. (with E. C. Ozelkan)
IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, Vol.19, No.2, May 2006: 241-251.
- 10. The general strategic capacity planning model under demand uncertainty. (with T. Huh and R. Roundy)
Naval Research Logistics, Vol.53, No.2, March 2006: 137-150.
- 9. On the optimal control of partially observed inventory systems. (with A. Bensoussan and S.P. Sethi).
Comptes Rendus Mathematique, Vol.341, Iss.7, October 2005: 419-426. Associated presentation .
- 8. Pricing and production game under revenue sharing and information update. (with S. Luo).
Journal of Revenue and Pricing Management Vol.3, No.4. Fall 2005: 270-301. Associated presentation .
- 7. Capacity-driven acceptance of customer orders for a multi-stage batch manufacturing system: models and algorithms.
(with D. Chen, P. Chen, M. Freimer, P.L. Jackson, V. Melkonian and R.O. Roundy).
IIE Transactions, Vol.37, No.12, December 2005: 1093-1105. The long version is here.
- 6. Optimal Machine Capacity Expansions with nested Limitations under Demand Uncertainty (with R.O. Roundy and S.C. Wood).
Naval Research Logistics, Vol.51, Iss. 2, March 2004: 217-241.
- 5. Optimal Capacity Expansion for Multi-Product, Multi-Machine Manufacturing Systems with Stochastic Demand
(with R.O. Roundy, F. Zhang and T.Huh).
IIE Transactions, Vol.36, No.1, January 2004: 23-36.
- 4. Evaluation of capacity planning practices for the semiconductor industry (with R.O. Roundy).
IEEE Transactions on Semiconductor Manufacturing, Volume 15, Number 3, August 2002: 331-340.
- 3. SeDFAM: Semiconductor demand forecast accuracy model (with R.O. Roundy).
IIE Transactions, Volume 34, Number 5, May 2002: 449-465. Associated presentation
- 2. Continuous review inventory models where random lead time depends on lot size and reserved capacity (with J.H. Bookbinder and
International Journal of Production Economics, Volume 68, Issue 3, 20 December 2000: 217-228.
- 1. Random lead times and expedited orders in (Q,r) inventory systems (with J.H. Bookbinder).
European Journal of Operational Research, Volume 115, Issue 2, 1 June 1999: 300-313.
Abstracts of the Accepted Papers
Filtering for Discrete-Time Markov Processes and Applications to Inventory Control with Incomplete Information. (with A. Bensoussan and S.P. Sethi).
Oxford Handbook of Nonlinear Filtering. Editors Dan Crisan and Boris Rozovskii. Published by Oxford University Press in 2011.
External Funding for Original Investigations
- Inventory control with partial observations and inspections. A. Bensoussan (PI), M. Cakanyildirim, S. Sethi.
National Science Foundation, Division on Mathematical Sciences, $200,000 for July 2005-June 2008.
- Statistical Updating Methods in Risk and Decision Analysis: Applications to Supply Chains. A. Bensoussan (PI), M. Cakanyildirim, S. Sethi.
Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board, Applied Mathematics, $78,000 for June 2006-May 2008.
Full text of all the working papers above can be obtained from email@example.com.